[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
The Furry Pound forums • View topic - Favorite Classes..

Favorite Classes..

Discuss TF2! Or don't. Whatever takes your fancy.

Postby Chevallier LaChance » Wed Mar 18, 2009 12:38 am

Not talking about school here, haha, but your favorite class. So tell which one and why.
Personally I really like the sniper ALLOT. I takes allot of practice to be a really good sniper, getting people who are strafing or are in the air. That and at close range a sniper may be weak, but we all know the Kukri PWNs! I really wanna see a more powerful sidearm for the sniper in the next update though. XD

-Chev
I kissed a horse and I liked it.
Chevallier LaChance

Postby Marshtomp » Wed Mar 18, 2009 1:09 am

Soldier. The Power to Be able to shoot enemies, take out machines and escape situations is great. But Can also be dangerous.

Marshtomp

Postby Nynnja » Wed Mar 18, 2009 4:06 am

Overall, I would say heavy. Strange things happen when a heavy capable of operating without a medic kills entire itty bitty team with surprise minigun buttsecks. My favorite thing to do is chain backstabs though, but unfortunately I'm a terribad spy, so I've only managed that like... twice.
Nynnja

Postby Ayeaka » Wed Mar 18, 2009 5:48 am

I...
hnm.
I play everything except Sniper, really. TF2's the one game I've never been able to snipe in.

My favorites, though, in order of my playing order, would be
Medic, Spy, Engineer, Pyro, and Scout.

But, I also love Heavy and Soldier. I'm a horrible demo, but that's apparently the only class I can play when inebriated, suitingly.

That and spy.

When I have a knife.

(The one night I was drunk and didn't does not count. I had no cross hairs or knife, and could not tell how close I was to people. D: )
Frau Chimäre~
The doctor will see you now.
Ayeaka

Postby Makaze » Wed Mar 18, 2009 3:48 pm

Makaze

Postby Jinx » Wed Mar 18, 2009 5:24 pm

Medic, and for pretty much the same reasons Makaze listed. Helping out in battles indirectly seems more satisfying than being directly engaged in them, the ridiculous amount of multitasking to ensure everybody remains buffed, and running around attending to current hot spots are just a couple of the reasons why medic my favorite.
Jinx

Postby NikkyVix » Wed Mar 18, 2009 7:15 pm

I. Love. Pyros.

Seriously, I do.

I love the way the mentality of the Pyro declares that a victim will always run from the fire. Thus, the muffled crit-death scream of a Pyro that swallows a crit-bottle from me when I run into their flame to deliver it to them is always sweet music to my ears.

I love the straight-on W + M1 rush of new Pyros with no ambush or strategic capabilities whatsoever, making it deceptively easy to back-sidestep them and drop a sticky bomb at my feet as they charge past, clearing the blast in time to pop them up into the air.

I love the moment of futility they experience as they hang, motionless, at the top of their bounce arch, slowly drifting into the blast sphere of the second sticky waiting at their feet to evacuate their player's control from their body and reduce them to so much amusing ragdoll flailing.

I, as a homicidal, suicidal, kamikaze Demovixen, love Pyros.
NikkyVix
Site Admin

Postby Doom » Wed Mar 18, 2009 7:17 pm

Despite what you may think, Demoman isn't my favorite class; just the one I do best at. Spy is the most fun, and most frustrating. List is in order of favorite to least favorite.

Spy - Mindgames, Mindgames and more Mindgames
Demoman - Ease of Use, Explosives and Whiskey
Solider - One on one ability, still explosive, a hitscan weapon and extra health.
Heavy - Easy aiming, lotsa health, fists/gloves and pow-ha-ha!
Scout - Annoying, Hit and Run, and picking people off.
Pyro - For when I don't feel like thinking.
Medic - Ubersaw, Battlemedic and making people go 'wtf doom's a medic?'
Engineer - For when I want to fap.
Sniper - FGT CLSS
Doom

Postby Helios » Wed Mar 18, 2009 9:33 pm

They call me the Sniperburd, need I go on?

And I wholeheartedly agree Vix, and it amazes me how I'm one of the only people that actually use airblast when playing Pyro.
I do not pray for an easy life. I pray to be a stronger bird.
Helios

Postby Purplecat » Wed Mar 18, 2009 9:40 pm

Demoman is one of my favorite classes when it comes to gameplay (and kicking ass with ;) ) but personality wise I guess it's gotta be the spy for me. Gentlemen asshole all over him, and always as amusing seeing people doing paranoid spychecks and yet wind up being backstabbed by you.

Scout would fit a infocommercial.

Pyros is a bit love and hate class for me. I hate pyros who seems to be able to come out randomly from a corner, put me on fire and hurt me badly without any warning. On the other hand, most pyros I stumbled across are easy to fool and will keep running after you in most cases it seems...

I love the sniper's personality, my favorite movie from valve is "Meet the sniper" after all. But ingame he's that asshole who always seems to headshot you, no matter how you dodge. Nothing is more aggrevtating than making a neat nade/rocketjump only to get headshotted by a sniper. :P
Purplecat
Site Admin

Next

Return to Team Fortress 2