[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 384: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
The Furry Pound forums • View topic - Planetside 2 - F2P - Faction Poll Inside

Planetside 2 - F2P - Faction Poll Inside

Gotta share the love for other fun games? Post about them here!

Which faction interests you most?

New Conglomerate
50%
Terran Republic
29%
Vanu Sovereignty
21%

Total votes : 14

Postby Sekh765 » Thu Feb 23, 2012 10:39 pm

So for anyone that has played the original, Planetside 2 doesn't really need an introduction, but for folks that weren't around for the first one... Planetside is a Massive Multiplayer FPS allowing a few thousand players to battle it out for supremacy as one of 3 factions fighting for control of various continents on the planet Auraxis. The new Planetside is supposedly coming out soon with a Beta possibly starting in March (you can pick up a Beta key from the new PC gamer issue coming out on the 28th).

Since this is a F2P game with huge potential, many of us are interested in starting a TFP Outfit (guild). The game has a big mix of Air, Tank, Infantry combat across varied terrain and bases, and if it is anything like the original is just damn fun. I left a poll in this thread to see what factions people were interested in, though my friends and I will probably be establishing our outfit on the New Conglomerate faction at launch. Big guns, Big tanks, Big Jets, NC has it all!

The 3 factions are asymetrical, meaning each has unique things to their faction which separates them from the other 2.

Terran Republic - Clad in Black and Red armor, the TR's are focused on bullet hell levels of fire rates. Miniguns, automatic pistols, HVR's, even their vehicles have rapid fire chainguns attached to them. Some screenies of the TR are below.

Image - Terran MAX armor.

Image - Terran Troopers with their unique Mosquite fighter aircraft behind them.

Vanu Sovereignty - Clad in Purple and Teal armor, the Vanu focus on energy weapons and alien technology granting them hover tanks. In planetside 1 they also were uniquely able to use jumppacks to fly over obstacles but this has since been expanded to all factions. They were very versatile in PS1 with the ability to use both Armor Piercing and Anti Infantry ammo in all their guns without sacrificing inventory space.

Image - Vanu MAX armor.

Image - Vanu Troopers.

New Conglomerate - The glorious freedom fighters of Auraxis clad in Blue and Gold armor. NC focuses on using huge guns. Period. They have the largest tank (the vanguard), they have the Reaver gunship which looks like an Apache, and their infantry use huge weapons such as automatic shotguns and gauss cannons.
They usually have the heaviest armor of the three factions.

Image - NC MAX armor.

Image - NC Troopers with Reaver Gunship support.

Image - NC Reaper Gunship

http://www.pcgamer.com/2012/02/23/plane ... war-story/ - Here is a link to a description of a massive battle.
Your friendly local Buffett-Bird spy. ^_^
My spy video!
Sekh765

Postby Sparra » Fri Feb 24, 2012 6:00 am

Gotta stick with my guns here. I played VS in Planetside 1, and I'll certainly be playing VS in Planetside 2.

HOWEVER.

If everyone insists on being NC, I'll follow along... Anything is better then the TR at the moment, to be honest. They just look like superheroes.

Also, more pictures! Here are the stealth suits of the three factions. From left to right it is the Vanu Sovereignty, the New Conglomerate, and Terran Republic.
Be careful what you wish for...
Sparra

Postby Sekh765 » Fri Feb 24, 2012 6:13 am

My spy video!
Sekh765

Postby Arcalane » Fri Feb 24, 2012 7:51 am

From the Planetside 1 manual;

Terran Republic
Loyalty until Death! Strength in Unity! Order requires law. Law is enforced through deterrence. Deterrence is based on the fear of consequences, and fear is the most powerful motivating force. The seperatist groups, the Vanu Sovereignty and the New Conglomerate, will be dismantled through the exercise of forceful deterrence. Dissidents will fear the consequences of their disloyalty. Unity and order will be restored.

-------------------------

New Conglomerate
Tear down the threat that is Tyranny! Burn it all down and start again! We call all able-bodied soldiers to the front lines to take up arms against those who would deprive us of our basic freedoms. Do not forgive! Do not forget the history of oppression that we have endured at the hands of the Terran brutes or the Vanu maniacs! Volunteer now!

-------------------------

Vanu Sovereignty
The destiny of the human species tilts toward ruin. Thousands of years of shortsightedness and provincial thinking have hampered its proper evolution. We plunge towards oblivion. Those able to comprehend the promise and potential of humanity will advance. They will usher the less gifted through the gateway of understanding and cleanse the taint of blindness, ignorance and mulishness from the species. We are the shepherds of evolution, the harbingers of progress. We lead toward the light.
Arcalane
Huzzah!

Postby Arcalane » Sat Feb 25, 2012 1:31 pm

RPS just linked a development timelapse video of one of the new pieces of hardware in PS2; the "Sky Lance" heavy AA gun. From the sounds of it, it'll be a decor item at Tech facilities, though they might actually be able to use it for defense in an emergency;

Arcalane
Huzzah!

Postby Sekh765 » Sat Feb 25, 2012 7:51 pm

Looks pretty big O_O
My spy video!
Sekh765

Postby Sparra » Sat Feb 25, 2012 9:02 pm

Be careful what you wish for...
Sparra

Postby Arcalane » Sun Feb 26, 2012 11:43 am

Well, it is for, y'know, messing up dropships. If you want to take one of those down quickly, you're going to need a big gun.
Arcalane
Huzzah!

Postby Arcalane » Tue Feb 28, 2012 9:33 pm

New shots of the Light Assault suits! Jetpacks for maneuverability, but probably not much kit or armour.

NC;

TR;
Looks like the old towers haven't changed much, unless that's a mockup/placeholder...

VS;
Arcalane
Huzzah!

Postby Mr. Munchlax » Wed Feb 29, 2012 1:20 am

That last one makes me think of Robocop.

"Dead or alive, you're coming with me!"
Who do you think you are? Bleeding Action Man?!
Mr. Munchlax

Next

Return to Alternative Games