[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
The Furry Pound forums • View topic - Lag Compensation?!?!

Lag Compensation?!?!

Don't know how to get out of spawn? HLSS plays sounds really slowly? Or you need a dispenser? Come here!

Postby skunkfox » Wed Jun 02, 2010 12:32 am

"Dude you shot me through a *Bleeping!* WALL!" Nameless Scout
"No I didn't!" Nameless Heavy

I've heard this phrase at least 10 times a night... Usually when a high ping person kills a low ping person and vice versa.
It's called Lag Compensation The ever so friendly valve way of saying go against someone with a ping higher then your own and your gonna die! What it does is make a correction in how that persons bullet hit so that one player who is basically teleporting all over the place because your pings off the charts can be killed... Normally this works wonderfully in the way most valve items work as in it sucks ass and usually doesn't work... How to fix this issue you laggy lil buggers is quite simple.. Turn it off with a console command.

Open your console using the ~ *tilde* key (If you don't know to do that then you don't have it enabled it's under advanced in options.. like fast weapon switching is...) Once your console is open type this command in: sv_lagcompensation 1 *note you might have to do each time the map changes* (by defualt it's set at 0 *zero* a.k.a. On) This turns off Your lag compensation meaning your now abit harder to hit through walls and corners this isn't a sure fire fix for it as the servers by defualt run LC enabled.

SkunkFox...
p.s. Python I'm gonna throttle you tomorrow night. :twisted:
"Peanutty DOOM!" SkunkFox...

Please note I am not sane for sanity is borng...
Plus I'm wearing Python's hide as a belt! >:3
skunkfox

Postby miniskunk » Wed Jun 02, 2010 12:52 am

An even better suggestion....set it up as a key bind to make inputting it a breeze.

e.g. bind "key" sv_lagcompensation 1 replace key in the quotes leaving the quotes with the key of your choice.

For those not familiar with keybinding, you need to get to team fortress 2\tf\cfg directory and either edit the cfg file or the autoexec file in that directory. Autoexec is the recommended way to do this so you can better keep track of your personal tweaks. If the autoexec file does not exist simply create one in notepad as it is a plain text file and save it in that directory.
miniskunk

Postby Codelizard » Sun Jun 27, 2010 8:58 pm

Codelizard

Postby MaskedJackal » Sun Jun 27, 2010 9:16 pm

Won't turning off lag compensation hurt your own aim?
Image◕ ‿ ◕
MaskedJackal

Postby Purplecat » Sun Jun 27, 2010 9:19 pm

Purplecat
Site Admin

Return to Help