[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
The Furry Pound forums • View topic - We need a thank you here

We need a thank you here

Discuss TF2! Or don't. Whatever takes your fancy.

Postby timeblader » Tue Oct 20, 2009 4:20 pm

Hey guys, thanks for the great severs(and community)!

I have played on your severs before(a few months ago), and last night I got bored enough to hop back on. Normally this is insignificant, however a number of things got my attention:

I was welcomed(by name no less) from another player. I haven't seen too much of this in the real world.

As stated before, I hadn't played in a while and was rusty, and being a competitive player, I informed my team. I heard no negative things, only "Hey, so am I." A nice breath of fresh air not to get negative feedback.

The ability to goof off to relieve some pressure. We were getting beat pretty bad 3:00-0 KotH, when someone mentioned it was because all the spys...when someone said we should ALL go spy, and sure enough we had 6 spys the next game (several of whom were crabbing it up on the point XD) After the goofing off, we actually started playing as a team.

Later I switched to medic. And pretty much found the nicest heavy around. Speaking to me, helping out the poor medic who seemed to know nothing about the class (which is close, having be so rusty)

Later I went to sniper trying to get those new achievements(for me at least), doing the normal sniper thing. Until someone mentioned that a scout was standing right next to me(who was promptly killed)

There were many other fun times (sprays more so) to be had.

I am a gaming admin (of a group with over 1000 members). We have more admins per member than you guys AND it's not this crazy furry group we all love being a part of. I can understand the stress involved(though for you guys I think I can safely say that it is doubled).

So I tip my hat off to you guys (and the community again). I have had fun, and will have fun, playing in your severs.

Methra Reaper will strike again! (tonight <.<)
timeblader

Postby NikkyVix » Tue Oct 20, 2009 10:09 pm

There's a lot that I could say in this situation, but I think it might be rather unecessary.

So I'll keep it short and simply say...well..thank you, very much. :) If we manage to give plenty of folk this sort of experience with our community experiment then we're doing something right.

Welcome to the Pound, also. :)
NikkyVix
Site Admin

Postby Witchiebunny » Wed Oct 21, 2009 4:20 am

Thank you.

Thank you so much. You have no idea how much it helps to get thanks, even if it's occasional. It's still very much appreciated.

Thank you *so* much.
Witchiebunny

Postby Helios » Wed Oct 21, 2009 4:49 am

You have *no* idea how much we need this in light of recent events, and it's kind folks like you that remind me why I do this job, you remind us all why we do this job.

Seriously, we ever meet, dinner on me, you deserve it.
I do not pray for an easy life. I pray to be a stronger bird.
Helios

Postby Draco18s » Wed Oct 21, 2009 11:49 pm

Like I've said before--here? somewhere else?--I've never rage-quite a TFP server. Never.
I have been berated for "killing a spycrab" because "you're not allowed to," (I had just killed two of them right next to each other on a KOTH point, another time was on....that-other-map-that-gets-played-a-lot, Badwater?) but I just go "Pfft, whatever."
The only time I've quit playing TF2 recently (because the only servers I play on now are TFP, though occasionally Arcade Classics and Hassle Free Gaming) has been because I get burned out--too much playing--or because it's a map I don't like. And I almost always quit at the end of a round, unless I have to go right away (dinner, or whatever).

I <3 you guys (especially that birdy above me, rawr!).
Draco18s

Postby Helios » Thu Oct 22, 2009 3:20 pm

I do not pray for an easy life. I pray to be a stronger bird.
Helios

Postby Draco18s » Thu Oct 22, 2009 10:47 pm

Draco18s

Postby Zareth » Fri Oct 30, 2009 1:02 pm

Agree 100% with Draco18s.

I might be a bit of a rager, even a bit of a moaner, though the community keeps me coming back. You guys are some of the best folks I know. Niko, you pretty much got me into playing demoman and i've since been able to handle alot of problems myself these days thanks to ya. And witchie, well you do a great job running the group along with all the other folks. (Shout out to Endeavour3d, thanks for the laughs!) And all that stuff. While there have been stressful moments or whatever, the friendly atmosphere keeps me coming back, and it feels more like family than a bunch of folks on the internet playing a game. Seriously, i've made some of the best friends i've had in awhile on tfp, and i've learned a hell of a lot from folks, going from a noob pyro to a semi competent scout and soldier =3
Zareth

Postby MaskedJackal » Fri Oct 30, 2009 1:29 pm

Y'all deserve a thank you from me as well. I just began playing TF2 last August, and I feel very privileged to have started playing right away on TFP. If I hadn't become part of this community, I may have gotten bored with the game, or even stopped playing altogether. However, I've made quite a few friends and I really enjoy the skilled-yet-notseriousfkinbusiness environment the servers provide ('never been a competitive buff, so TFP is perfect).

Heck, if it weren't for TFP, I may have never gotten the testicular-fortitude the join the furry fandom. I'll let you judge whether that's a good or bad thing. =P
Image◕ ‿ ◕
MaskedJackal

Return to Team Fortress 2