[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
The Furry Pound forums • View topic - Stop it already...

Stop it already...

Think something's terrific? Think something sucks? Rant and rave here. This is a definite "Keep it civil" area, folks. We will be enforcing common courtesy.

Postby Austin » Thu Aug 13, 2009 9:17 am

Stop it already...

Every time I come to the forums or get in the chatroom someone bitches about the drop system or left 4 dead 2 or the FAN. Stop it. You are a complete and utter moron. Nothing you say has evidence or merit. You are, in the case of left 4 dead, a spoiled little brat. You are wasting my time and life with your petty little problems and I just cant take it anymore. Shut up and stop talking about it. Want to know why its all so dumb? I am glad to tell you.

Lets start with the drop system! Ok. The drop system no longer exist for anything useful. No, seriously, it doesn't. You aren't missing out on the cool new spy watch because of the drop system. You aren't being asked to play 2fort over and over until you unlock dustbowl. None of this is happening. It was happening and it isn't happening now. They are asking you to play the game and that is it. You don't even have to play the game well. I am a horrid sniper and I have all the achievements needed for unlocks. A complete idiot that is new to the game could earn the newer milestones. Unless we are talking about hats. Are we talking about hats?

Oh, we are talking about hats? Then shut the hell up. Hats don't change the game play. Hats don't make you special, elite or cool. Hats are something nice to see flash at the bottom of your screen. Want pretty stuff that makes you look cool? Go play WoW. Seriously, I don't want you here anymore, go play WoW. Go roll a nice paladin and play some pvp with the other WoW fags. I hear they lowered the level you can get mounts at so there is something you don't have to earn anymore. Have fun playing the most mediocre game ever made and leave me to the fun I am having in peace.

Speaking of WoW did you notice how much you paid for Team Fortress 2? Have you ever stopped and considered that? Most of you bought the Orange box before or around release right? Cause you are hardcore fans that are just upset to see valve slipping. I get it. So since you are hardcore fans like myself you must likely wanted the blackbox more then the orangebox. They canceled the black box so you were FORCED to pay for two games you already owned (HL2 and HL2:E1). Poor you. You know if we ruled that those games were free do you know how much Team Fortress 2 cost you? 16 dollars. Yeah, sixteen dollars. You paid sixteen dollars and those bastards have the nerve to constantly give you free, mostly awesome, updates. How dare they! How fucking dare they! I wish it was like WoW. I'd really rather pay 80 dollars for the game then pay monthly for it to ensure they keep it updated. That would be much better.

Then there is the FAN. Oh that overpowered piece of shit weapon that only n00b scouts use, screw that gun. I mean, that is what I would be saying if I was a semi-functioning retard like some people. My biggest problem is the line "The FAN two shots heavies" because it is, do I need to say it? WRONG. The FAN does not two-shot heavies unless it is at pointblank range and criticals on both attacks. If this is a common occurrence then God hates you and you should never go outside in a thunderstorm. You know what kills a heavy in two criticals at pointblank range? A scattergun. Crazy shit huh? Not only that but the scatter gun would actually kill you harder.

Any more dumb comments about Team Fortress 2? No. Ok! Left 4 Dead 2 it is.

I don't play Left 4 Dead much because my friends don't play Left 4 Dead much. I feel I should clarify so I will give you my stats, since release (I Preordered) I have played for 55h 21m 57s and, comparatively I have played Team Fortress 2 for 94 hours since my stat reset a few months ago. I don't dislike Left 4 Dead I just don't see it as a fun game when played with bots or random, often idiotic, pubbers. That being said I will be purchasing Left 4 Dead 2.

Now so many of you idiots keep complaining that its too soon for a second left 4 dead to come out. You keep complaining it needs more updates, more content. You keep saying this because you a spoiled little butt holes. You have had so much free content jammed down your throats by valve that for some reason you think they have suddenly stopped caring about money. News Flash: They haven't! They sold you a game for, what was it, 30 dollars? You bought it, you played it and you enjoyed it. They gave you free shit and you played it, for free, and enjoyed it, for free. They gave you more free shit and you played it, for free, and enjoyed it, for free. Now you have the nerve to demand MORE free stuff? When did valve become the hand-out company?

Why is no one complaining about portal? If anything portal was part of the Orange Box so it should be getting as many updates as Team Fortress but has it? Nope, it hasn't been updated outside of bug fixes. Why isn't anyone complaining about that shit, huh? The cake is a lie? More like the update is a lie, amirite? When did valve start HAVING to update their games constantly with free shit? The last up date to counter strike was counter strike : source and a lot of people still hate that game. Besides porting games to the source engine and all the free shit we've been given on Team Fortress 2 and Left 4 Dead I can't think of a single game valve has added stuff to. Not a one. Maybe if you keep complaining we can return to the old product model Valve used to use of "Release Late, Update Never, Discuss Nothing". That sure would be swell!

I know not everyone is going to agree with me, and that is damn fine as long as they know I am right.
Austin

Postby JimmyChopblock » Thu Aug 13, 2009 4:04 pm

TL;DR

If you don't want to hear people talk about those subjects don't frequent places that they are talked about.
JimmyChopblock

Postby Sekh765 » Thu Aug 13, 2009 4:50 pm

Your friendly local Buffett-Bird spy. ^_^
My spy video!
Sekh765

Postby Jinx » Thu Aug 13, 2009 5:14 pm

Some good points Austin. I don't think Valve is slipping at all though (counter to what hardcore or whatever people are saying otherwise). They may be trying edgy and untested new ideas in their games (Added health to backburner, FaN, sandman, what have you) but that's why they created Steam, so they could push out and test / gather data on these new ideas and then quickly change them to fit the needs of the players... which is exactly how a good company stays profitable, by taking risks and playing with new ideas. Even now they are doing beta testing on tweaking how the FaN operates, most likely changing the knockback so that it's dependent on damage as well as distance. Valve has spoiled us with TF2, and many now hold every new game to its standard, but as you've mentioned the amount of fun and playtime gotten out of these games for their price is absolutely ridiculous. Personally I've got more than 12 hours per dollar (assuming $50 for the orange box) sunk into this game and that number can only get higher. I think the issue is Steam's fluidity, people still aren't used to it.
Jinx

Postby Stormcaller3801 » Thu Aug 13, 2009 5:42 pm

Stormcaller3801

Postby iller » Thu Aug 13, 2009 8:40 pm

Actually, only one of the FAN shots has to Critical to kill the Heavy, post-buff; and it doesn't have to be Point-Blank unless you consider 18ft to be "point blank". ...most people consider that Close range b/c it's just far enough away for the Heavy's own minigun to start experiencing more Range-Falloff than Shotguns do. IoW: It's the Heavy who really shouldn't go out in a thunderstorm right now (not without a Medic atleast!), and VALVe has already owned up to that fact ironically enough.

That doesn't make the FaN a n00b Broom though. I tend to get more kills with the Bat than I do the FaN b/c even a medium bit of lag or over-correcting can cause you to mis-aim the FaN and do almost no damage at all. (especially when Pyros are W+m1'ing right towards you in a crowded AreaPortal)
iller

Postby Austin » Thu Aug 13, 2009 8:55 pm

The FAN does 175 on a crit if all bullets hit.
The Scattergun does 180 on a crit if all bullets hit.

Why weren't people bitching about the scattergun?

Oh you meant if one was a crit and the other wasn't? 113 (MAX) + 175 = 288. Heavies cap health at 450. Just sayin.
Austin

Postby JimmyChopblock » Fri Aug 14, 2009 1:31 am

JimmyChopblock

Postby Sekh765 » Fri Aug 14, 2009 2:31 am

Your friendly local Buffett-Bird spy. ^_^
My spy video!
Sekh765

Postby Austin » Fri Aug 14, 2009 2:35 am

Last edited by Austin on Fri Aug 14, 2009 2:50 am, edited 1 time in total.
Austin

Next

Return to Rants & Raves