[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
The Furry Pound forums • View topic - July '09 Maptest

July '09 Maptest

For TFP server admins to post news or information related to the game servers.

Postby Jinx » Fri Jul 10, 2009 2:34 pm

Balloon race is already on the map cycle for TFP3 so instead of testing it we'll just update it within the coming days, probably before the map test on Monday. (pl_dbheights will also be updated on the servers soon)
Jinx

Postby Ayeaka » Fri Jul 10, 2009 2:36 pm

Ho? that actually interests me. :o

Last time I played on balloonrace, it was fun, but a confusing spam race. I eventually just rolled spy, and wound up killing half the enemy team single-handedly simply because most of them were pubs that weren't expecting a spy. :/ I felt a bit dirty doing that...

Would be fun seeing the map on a server with a more balanced skill level.
Frau Chimäre~
The doctor will see you now.
Ayeaka

Postby Stormcaller3801 » Fri Jul 10, 2009 2:43 pm

The changes outlined look like it's going to make it a whole new game compared to v2, and I'm expecting it should still be a lot of fun. I usually go Heavy, just because it can be fun to rake the opposing ship's deck with bullets, and then once you pull away from the hangar, shift back to the rear windows and lay down an effectively infinite volley of shot. Alternatively I'll go Sniper and try to pick off people here and there. Either way I end up being sniped a dozen times, but it's just nowhere near as frustrating as on the more 'serious' maps.
Stormcaller3801

Postby Ayeaka » Fri Jul 10, 2009 5:43 pm

xD Ah.

I just got a medic to kritzkrieg me and peppered them with kritvolver shots...

(Aside from landing sequences.)

Augh, why do I always feel so cheap on pub servers?

Maybe it's just because I'm used to getting my ass kicked around elsewhere, eh? xD;
Frau Chimäre~
The doctor will see you now.
Ayeaka

Postby Stormcaller3801 » Fri Jul 10, 2009 6:46 pm

Couldn't say- I get my ass kicked on pretty much every map.
Stormcaller3801

Postby Wizardcat » Fri Jul 10, 2009 6:48 pm

Wizardcat

Postby Jinx » Fri Jul 10, 2009 10:11 pm

Save the file somewhere, like to your desktop or something where you can extract the files later. The file has been zipped with 7zip compression so you'll need an extractor like WinRAR, 7-zip, IZArc, etc. Then once you get the BSPs extracted, put them in your TF2 maps folder, usually located at C:\Program Files\Steam\steamapps\<your username>\team fortress 2\tf\maps
Jinx

Postby iller » Sat Jul 11, 2009 2:59 am

I was gonna wait until my new graphics Card arrived so I could partake in this.
But seeing as It was caught in a BLEEPing fire, I think my participation will probably be very limited now due to most custom map makers not having clue-1 about actually optimizing their Maps. I might be able to toss in some pithy about their general layout but I don't think I'd be useful for anything else, least of all presenting a challenging target to the rest of you folks with greater than 9 frames per second.
iller

Postby nobuyuki » Mon Jul 13, 2009 7:35 pm

I don't see very much CTF in there, gentlemen. Map designers just not making good CTF anymore? Or is the server manly enough to handle the game mode 8-)
That being said, I'm really really really excited to try out Casbah. I've missed that map so much from the TFC days aaaaaaaaa

edit: put dirtwork on the fun server
edit2: I really, really wish he would've used the resources from cp_egypt to recreate ctf_casbah. It doesn't feel the same :?
nobuyuki

Postby Stormcaller3801 » Mon Jul 13, 2009 8:09 pm

CTFs seem to have a habit of resulting in a stalemate with each side having four plus Engineers guarding the intelligence and several Snipers. Then everyone just starts complaining about RTVing. Unfortunate, but that's the way people seem to play. I have to admit I contribute to it, but that's mostly because it's one of my best opportunities to indulge in my love of building & creation without having everything blown up just as I'm about to finish it. Which is highly annoying, especially when people go out of their way to do it in what's otherwise intended to be, say, a mentoring session on how to detect a Spy by sound.
Stormcaller3801

PreviousNext

Return to Server News Rules & Announcements