[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
The Furry Pound forums • View topic - What do you want to learn?

What do you want to learn?

Don't know how to get out of spawn? HLSS plays sounds really slowly? Or you need a dispenser? Come here!

Postby Witchiebunny » Tue Sep 02, 2008 2:17 pm

I'm having some trouble comming up with a relevant topic for this upcomming weekend's lessons. So you guys tell me what you want to learn, wouldja?
Witchiebunny

Postby Mirri » Tue Sep 02, 2008 3:35 pm

I know we've done Heavy + Medic training, but I think some general "working with a medic" training might be in order. I've been playing medic a lot more recently. I usually play it when I'm sucking at killing people. I'm a damn good medic, and sometimes I just have to rage at people who do stupid stuff while you're trying to be a good medic. Things like:

* Taking medpacks when your medic is hurt, while he's healing you. We will continue healing you. Healing you while you're hurt gives us more ubercharge, too.
* Running into a group of 8 enemies and expecting the medic to stay with you without an uber charge.
* Not saying anything when you decide to dart out into oncoming enemy fire that the medic might not know about. At least use your medic call - most medics will know that it's a sign to pop their ubercharge.
* Don't break line of sight with your medic. Don't take sharp 90-degree turns around corners. Heavies don't really have this problem since medics are so much faster than they are.
* Protect your medic. You have a status screen on your screen when you're being healed. If you see the medic's life going down quickly, it would be in your best interest to look behind you and kill whatever is hurting your medic.
Mirri

Postby Atchhoat » Tue Sep 02, 2008 4:20 pm

Did we? I was around, I musta missed it. too bad :/
Atchhoat

Postby Ferto12 » Tue Sep 02, 2008 8:56 pm

Ferto12

Postby Mirri » Tue Sep 02, 2008 9:21 pm

Mirri

Postby Purplecat » Tue Sep 02, 2008 9:41 pm

Fun fact, I just realized that the medic is the only class with 150 HP. Four other classes have higher HP than him, while the rest four classes have all just 125 HP. (In other words, his HP level is... average. :P)

Also if you're a medic and have a healing buttbuddy, it's good idea to tell if you're going to pull back.

And while pairing up with someone is a good idea, don't forget to share the love with the medigun. Infact I had more success as a medic when I was jumping between people, rather than sticking to a single guy. It charges your ubercharge meter faster, and gives you points faster (You get a point for every 600th hp healed!).
Purplecat
Site Admin

Postby NikkyVix » Tue Sep 02, 2008 9:56 pm

Interesting, but enough of the post hijacking. :)

What do you folks want to learn for this weekend's lessons?
NikkyVix
Site Admin

Postby EuroVen » Tue Sep 02, 2008 10:13 pm

I would like to suggest knowing how to flank well. Since I get the feeling that only a few people who flank on certain maps. For ex. Gravepit, Point A is captured, most people always start heading for the point taking the B entrace, would make it more effective if at least 3 or 4 people took A, to C, take out anyone who is heading to B and attack from a major blindspot, since the RED would most likely take it the BLU will always be heading through the B exit, and focusing on that, giving a major advantage for those coming from behind to knock down defenses, such as snipers and so forth on then.

So yeah, would like to suggest a good learning on flanking, knowing your way around the map to always get that blindspot. As what Daedulus said in his How to play the Scout video, while good aim is something that does help, approaching the enemy from his blind spot helps a lot more.
EuroVen

Postby Werevixen » Mon Oct 27, 2008 9:06 am

Just as a wonder, could some sort of lesson group be created to have a Steam reminder present to pop up if "classes" are starting? I always miss these, if only to be there for the fun of things, or contribute with some of the few wisdoms I have.
~Retjzkai the intersex dracorat~
Werevixen

Postby Angry_Squirrel » Sun Nov 09, 2008 10:25 pm

Angry_Squirrel

Return to Help