[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
The Furry Pound forums • View topic - How to succeed with Pyros....

How to succeed with Pyros....

POOT DISPENSA HEER

Postby Pitchblack » Mon Jun 22, 2009 5:31 pm

*Reads the above comment...*

Sounds about right to me, except for the so-called 'third option'. While it might be a viable tactic, it eliminates the pyro's primary advantage: Lots of close-in damage. There are other classes, namely the soldier and demo, who can provide much more damage than the pyro in the exact same situations that that tactic would be used in. The only time when I would ever use that would be if I was using the flaregun, and even then likely not.
*They stand in my road
.....The mad, ancient nasty things
.......... tell them MOVE! or else!*
Pitchblack

Postby Mr. Munchlax » Mon Jun 22, 2009 5:36 pm

I find doing things like using fire to block snipers out of your view to be ineffective and a kind of a waste of fuel. Not that it's a bad strategy, I've just never found it to be very useful. My strategy when dealing with snipers is pulling out the shotgun (or I guess the flaregun would work for this too) and strafing and shooting at them while running towards them until you're close enough to start burning. It seems risky but I find it to be very effective at keeping snipers at bay.
Who do you think you are? Bleeding Action Man?!
Mr. Munchlax

Postby Ayeaka » Tue Jun 23, 2009 4:29 am

Or you could sneak up and axe them.

:3
Frau Chimäre~
The doctor will see you now.
Ayeaka

Postby DNAtheHelix » Tue Jun 23, 2009 8:12 am

Why don't the have "No Pyro" servers like they have "No AWP" servers for CSS? I'd love to see one of those.
Has anyone really been far even as decided to use even go want to do look more like?
DNAtheHelix

Postby Ayeaka » Tue Jun 23, 2009 9:24 am

There are.

And they suck.]

Most of the players on the no-pyro servers are whiny little asses that play little more than soldier, scout, and medic.
And obviously, if someone plays another class and kicks their ass, they're hacking. >.>;
Frau Chimäre~
The doctor will see you now.
Ayeaka

Postby Nocturnefoxx » Tue Jun 23, 2009 1:08 pm

...but you can call me Emerson.
Nocturnefoxx

Postby Makaze » Tue Jun 23, 2009 11:12 pm

Makaze

Postby Pathia » Fri Jul 17, 2009 10:13 pm

Pathia

Postby CrashFu » Fri Jul 17, 2009 10:54 pm

CrashFu