[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
The Furry Pound forums • View topic - How to succeed with Pyros....

How to succeed with Pyros....

POOT DISPENSA HEER

Postby Kumagoro » Tue Jun 16, 2009 4:00 pm

Kumagoro

Postby Stormcaller3801 » Wed Jun 17, 2009 6:48 pm

Stormcaller3801

Postby Ayeaka » Wed Jun 17, 2009 7:21 pm

If you're medic, have blut, are firing, and he starts at a good distance, you're perfectly fine, speaking from experience. Most he'll get to do is tip you with a single particle before he kicks it.
Frau Chimäre~
The doctor will see you now.
Ayeaka

Postby Stormcaller3801 » Wed Jun 17, 2009 7:31 pm

Well, here's an alternate theory on how to succeed with Pyros...
Stormcaller3801

Postby Ayeaka » Wed Jun 17, 2009 7:35 pm

Frau Chimäre~
Ayeaka

Postby Angry_Squirrel » Thu Jun 18, 2009 11:34 pm

I've actually stopped playing pyro more or less for other classes like Heavy and Soldier because Pyro just takes too much work. Yes, that's right, I'm saying Pyro takes too much work. :V That is, it takes too much work to not only be effective at pyro, but also to LIVE AS pyro to kill another person.

What that video lacks is actual confrontations - vs. other pyros, vs. GOOD scouts, vs. soldiers demos and heavies; those classes can almost always break down a pyro before they get burnt to a crisp (burned?). Even when thinking there are situations Pyro just can't win, and those situations come up more often than I care to count. :|
Angry_Squirrel

Postby Mr. Munchlax » Thu Jun 18, 2009 11:45 pm

Yeah, a good pyro has to take a few things into consideration before actually going out and attacking and making one small misjudgment can cost you your life.
Who do you think you are? Bleeding Action Man?!
Mr. Munchlax

Postby Stormcaller3801 » Thu Jun 18, 2009 11:50 pm

I think those scenarios come up for everyone. You play a Demoman, sooner or later you'll find yourself with an opponent who's under your range or caught you with your launcher empty. Play a Heavy, you're going to get sniped and backstabbed. Play an Engineer, you'll get sapped or blown up. Play a Sniper and you'll get burned or stabbed. And so on. There's always someone or some situation where you're outclassed. The key is to figure out how to avoid those to the best of your ability while setting them up for the enemy to stumble into.
Stormcaller3801

Postby Ayeaka » Fri Jun 19, 2009 12:13 am

Mhm.

And of course, if you do well as pyro, everyone whines W+M1, W+M1!

I use whatever weapon the situation calls for. Some rounds I don't use my shotgun much. I ambush constantly.

But I'm sorry, Heavy. If I dom'd you because I can circle-strafe faster than you can turn to fire, I'm not w+m1ing. In fact, I'm primarily using my a and d keys, and I spend more time putting teammates out than I do combatting YOUR team. That would be M2.

And demo? If I got you by airblasting your own stickies and nades back at you, I fail to see the W+m1 there...
Frau Chimäre~
Ayeaka

Postby Fenriswulfdemon » Fri Jun 19, 2009 3:05 am

What makes me hate pyros so much is the burn damage. I can take out pyros no problem at all, they're easy. Even pro pyros are usually not a good match against mah rockets. But the part that gets me is I'll normally kill 2 or 3 people, get my health pretty low, and then out of nowhere, the pyro lightly flicks me with his flame, and that's that. I can kill him still, I can last a few more seconds, but the damn burn always gets me. It pisses me off when some obvious noob pyro runs out of nowhere with his m+1 while I'm killing other things, and barely touches me, and still gets the kill. 90% of the time I die on the health cause soldiers are slow. If I'm full health, or even half health, fine, good match. If he kills me with axtinguisher, or shotgun, even better. Otherwise, no, I rage.
Fenriswulfdemon

PreviousNext

Return to Fun