Basics and Engineer Training: Scheduling for 8/15-8/16

Don't know how to get out of spawn? HLSS plays sounds really slowly? Or you need a dispenser? Come here!

Postby Witchiebunny » Sun Aug 10, 2008 11:44 pm

After 2:00 PM MST (5:00 PM EDT) I'm available to hold training on Engineer, namely sentry spots and tactics. I'd ideally like to get around to giving a tour of each stock map and pointing out ideal places for Sentry placement, and also tactics (namely from the demoman POV) for taking down such bases.

Anyone interested?

EDIT: Due to just now realizing I'd scheduled myself off for all of Friday, I'll be pretty much completely available on that day should anyone wish to have any training in Engineer.
Witchiebunny

Postby Purplecat » Sun Aug 10, 2008 11:50 pm

I would like to help as well, as being a participant. I know well that I have nothing better to do at that date.
Purplecat
Site Admin

Postby Tazel » Wed Aug 13, 2008 5:36 pm

Greetings!

I will try to be there - I guess it's around 4PM EST - for some training.

As I've said on my brief sojourn into TF2 land (Thank you Taross!) - I really need a bit more practice with the interface, for chatting, switching weapons accurately, and the most important part: TAUNTING! ;) Basically a 'TF2 Beginner's class' and then once I pass that, I can get into more detailed training on the various classes and techniques.

But I'll try to be there on Friday - hopefully I'll learn something, if you can get through this fuzzy head o' mine! ;)

Tazel Sixpaws (Sixy)
*** When it comes to vixentaurs, I'm a stretch limo, baby. ^_^ ***
Tazel

Postby RumRunner » Wed Aug 13, 2008 5:47 pm

since i have a bit more experience at engi than you witchie :P i'll be there to help.
Don't worry! There will be strippers at your funeral!
RumRunner

Postby Witchiebunny » Wed Aug 13, 2008 6:55 pm

I'm no slouch in Engie, yanno. ;.;

Tazel, when you arrive I'll take some time out to go over the basics of TF2 for you, to help you get on your feet. :)
Witchiebunny

Postby Purplecat » Thu Aug 14, 2008 8:47 am

Tazel, we're all willing to help you with that. That's the whole purpose of this training seminar thing after all. ;)

Engineer is a quite newbie-friendly class since it's hard to screw up being a engineer (but it's no way a newbie-only class!). Engineers are always useful to have around, just make sure to check how many engineers there are so there aren't too many.
Purplecat
Site Admin

Postby DrJones » Thu Aug 14, 2008 12:55 pm

Maybe rename this thread to Basics/Engineer training?

I doubt any other class classes will be held at the time, right?

Heavy is not so much for beginners.

Anyhow, I am busy on both days, but whenever I can drop in I'll help out as an additional instructor, engy and cannon fodder.

In particular, I want to demonstrate on how to counter attacks on engineer buildings from various classes. But hey, anyone can do that so it's all up to the situation and availability.

Did anyone except Tazel sign up as a trainee?
-Jonesy
Steam: DrJones
Live: Bloobunni
FA and LJ: jonesybunny
DrJones

Postby Witchiebunny » Thu Aug 14, 2008 4:19 pm

I don't think they did but that's okay, I'll be in the EU server and will help anyone who comes by.
Witchiebunny

Return to Help