[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
The Furry Pound forums • View topic - Left 4 Dead 2

Left 4 Dead 2

A place for posting information about the development of Bill's Pills.

Postby Atchhoat » Mon Jun 01, 2009 9:55 pm

I dunno all the videos make it seems like it's just an expansion pack. Nothing really hardcore changed. L4D was a good core game, but it lacked a lot of extras. You find melee weapons, and new skins, the zombies LOOK like zombies, and the addition of obviously zombified gov agents in hazmat suits and screening lines makes it seems like the infection got outta control. It looks GOOD...just not 40 bucks good. TBH I hope it's an expansion pack, but for a stuffed full expansion pack I'd pay 20 for it easy. I just won't be paying 40.
Atchhoat

Postby Mr. Munchlax » Mon Jun 01, 2009 10:01 pm

I think it looks cool, and I'm already taking a liking to Nick (a.k.a scarface) :D
Who do you think you are? Bleeding Action Man?!
Mr. Munchlax

Postby CAPTAIN_BRUMBL3Z » Tue Jun 02, 2009 2:16 am

So long as it's a stand-alone expansion, much akin to the S.T.A.L.K.E.R. series (Call of Pripyat this Fall, bitches!) I'd hesitate to spend more than $30 on it. L4D was fun, but got old fast, and no one ever wants to do expert it seems.

Just so long as it's not necessary to buy for improvements, as in they provide a full update to the original four campaigns (or, perhaps, "Enhanced Editions" so we can still enjoy vanilla L4D) that is free DLC but comes bundled with L4D2 (which IMO would be better named "Left 4 Dead Again"). A full single-player story mode would be ideal, as well, that includes all the storyline extras that would become unnecessary and annoying very quickly in an online setting, and they'd do that also for the enhanced original campaigns.
CAPTAIN_BRUMBL3Z

Postby Marshtomp » Tue Jun 02, 2009 2:19 am

Guess What?
Guess What?
Guess What?
Guess What?

Im not getting it.

Im sorry but the first one was a huge disappointing for me.
They'd have to have something really new to get me to waster 40 bucks on a sequel.
Its like they were like.. Update L4D? Nah.. Lets just make the same game with more levels and get more money..

Same Concept? Boring...

Marshtomp

Postby Nocturnefoxx » Thu Jun 04, 2009 4:07 pm

I enjoyed L4D and so I don't want to sound like I didn't get my money out of it, BUT...I always felt the game was a bit shallow on content. Yes, what was there was very replayable but I put a lot of weight in the arrival of Valve-made maps as well as the SDK creations.

L4D2 feels - to me - like Valve is kind of trying to glaze over the fact that they know L4D wasn't a full product and that it could have used more content. Sort of a *COUGHweknowwekindofgoofedhereCOUGHCOUGH* thing.

With that said: If they keep the price down on L4D2 and offer some sort of compatibility/integration with L4D, I'd likely get it.
...but you can call me Emerson.
Nocturnefoxx

Postby Nikova » Mon Jun 08, 2009 11:12 am

I agree that it should be an expansion and lowered to a 20-30$ tag, but yeeess! It looks so cool. :3
I roleplay. Gasp!
Nikova

Postby Elrabin » Wed Jun 10, 2009 1:43 am

http://www.onelastcontinue.com/8364/valve-has-altered-the-horde-l4d-2-boycot/

Good article about it, with a VERY funny embedded video.
Elrabin

Postby Pathia » Wed Jun 10, 2009 1:47 pm

Do I wish it was an expansion? Yea. Am I gonna buy it? Yea, I'm a valve whore XD
Pathia

Postby Arcalane » Thu Jun 11, 2009 9:54 am

Arcalane
Huzzah!

Postby JimmyChopblock » Sun Jun 14, 2009 12:56 pm

JimmyChopblock

PreviousNext

Return to News