A Wierd Bug that I keep running into...

Don't know how to get out of spawn? HLSS plays sounds really slowly? Or you need a dispenser? Come here!

Postby Fangz » Sun Feb 22, 2009 10:19 pm

Sometimes when I play and I choose a team, it forces me into this really weird glitch. It rings me up as a spectator, but when I talk it says "*dead*" by my name. I cannot join the game either. If I want to play, I have to reconnect to the server. Has anyone else had this glitch?
Fangz

Postby Wulfie » Sun Feb 22, 2009 10:44 pm

It's a quite common glitch that I'm surprised hasn't been fixed yet, I get it at least once a night when I play TF2.
Wulfie

Postby NikkyVix » Mon Feb 23, 2009 12:51 am

To my experience, it also only happens on stock maps or community maps accepted by Valve (Turbine and Fastlane, for ex).

I have yet to see it happen on a separate custom community map. But yes, unfortunately, you have to reconnect to clear it.
NikkyVix
Site Admin

Postby Purplecat » Mon Feb 23, 2009 8:29 am

It happens when you try to join a team, but someone beats you to the punch by a millisecond. This seems to confuse your game, leaving you into a limbo between spectator and "being part of a team".

...now I think on it, I should probably check if you can get around this bug with a console command rather than reconnecting to the server.
Purplecat
Site Admin

Postby Marshtomp » Mon Feb 23, 2009 12:47 pm

Yeah.. I always think of it as
ME: RED!! HEY RED!! CAN I JOIN?
RED: GTFO LOSER. WE DONT WANT YOU HERE
ME: Nyoro~n

Marshtomp

Postby DrJones » Mon Feb 23, 2009 7:31 pm

Quickest way to fix it is to stay in game, but open up the menu and doubleclick the server you're on. That way you'll leave and join instantly and not lose your spot.
-Jonesy
Steam: DrJones
Live: Bloobunni
FA and LJ: jonesybunny
DrJones

Return to Help