[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
The Furry Pound forums • View topic - So! About that roling a play :)

So! About that roling a play :)

Share an update, post a greeting, thread a meme or roleplay: Anything offtopic in other forums are ontopic here so post it here!

Postby Dusty » Fri Feb 20, 2009 1:13 am

Does anyone else here Roleplay? If so what kind? IM or forums? Story writing or D&D?
Dusty

Postby NikkyVix » Fri Feb 20, 2009 1:36 am

Of course they do!

It just depends on what kind, and whether they're too embarrassed to admit some kinds. :3
NikkyVix
Site Admin

Postby Purplecat » Fri Feb 20, 2009 1:39 am

Purplecat
Site Admin

Postby Dusty » Fri Feb 20, 2009 1:41 am

Well, don't me embaressed about it :P Its not like society doesn't consider us deviants anyway. I personally do a more collaberative story telling form. Where everyone takes on a character in a predetermined setting/scenario and takes turn telling the story from thier point of view. I'm actually working on one right now. Just need the players :P

SPECIAL WEAPONS AND TACTICS (SWAT)

Georgia, Sherman's March to the Sea

The bloodcurdling rebel yells echoed behind Private first class Smith. His scavenging group had been ambushed at the plantation he didn't know where the others were. Probably dead. He was running for his life. Cracks of musket shots behind him told him life was at a premium right now. Wheres the damn road! He thinks frantically. He should have reached it minutes ago.

Then he saw the outline of a stone wall. He whooped and sprinted. He was going to make it! Then his leg gave out form under him as a red hot bullet buried its self in to his calf. He collapsed against the wall so close to safety. He turned around to see rebel cavalry whooping and shooting off pistol shots in the air. "Lets hang him!" said one.

"No lets shoot him full of holes and let him bleed," says another. They were interrupted by a growl. The horses raises up on there hind legs spilling there riders onto the ground and took off. "What the hell spooked them!?" yells one of the rebels. Then they saw it. A 7 foot tall creature. Its form outlined by the moon. The men all yell as it lunges digging its claws into ones throat. Smith could see it was a Wolf or at least one that stood on two legs. The bullets had no effect as it flung with its claws catching one soldier in the face.

The last soldiers ran into the woods after there horses. The creature turned to face Smith. He knew he was going to die. Then he saw a tattered blue shirt hanging from the creature. A uniform. The creature watches him for a second then sprints off into the woods. Behind him Smith heard horses. "Smith!? Barny!? Any of you here!?" shouts the company commander. "My god smith what happened here?" he asks as he sees the two dead bodies.

"Sir I don't think you'll believe me," he mutters.

Role Play

Ever since the Civil War the Government has known and hidden the existence of Were-creatures. Department Null, a sub section of the CIA composed of mostly Were-creatures was created during the Kennedy administration to control the growing population of Lycenes. There main job is to control the Were population through out the world. Taking out those who could bring the public eye to your existence. However on certain rare occasions you are selected to go on high risk missions to dangerous for normal Special Operations.

You are the newest squad to be created. All of your were trained in the equivilent of Special Ops training blended with how to intergrate your special forms into the picture. You are the best and brightest of your class and you will not fail. Animeity is your ally. If needed other branchs of the goverment will take responsability for your deeds. As far as the world is concerned outside of your family no one knows you exist.

Your first mission is a crisis that can only be handled by a Lycene squad. The new US secratary of State was abducted after a firefight during a tour of Baghdad. The terrorists have posted demands on his life and threaten to shoot him if there not me in three days. That was two days ago. The terrorist camp was located in the Afgan/pakagani border mountains. The area is honeycombed with caves and the risk to great for a SEAL or Delta Squad team to be sent in as the first signs of the trouble the Ambassador will be shot. No its your job. Report for full briefing at 0600. Time is critical.
Dusty

Postby Ayeaka » Sun Feb 22, 2009 10:18 am

I pen and paper irl, and text role play online.. This is the typical "character-focused" turn by turn, of course.

I've also role played within l4d, using voice. This is unbelievably fun, because while you control the character, and their interactions, the director takes everything out of your hands.

((No, we weren't being any of the four.)

Typically through Steam, now, but I also use Aim.
Frau Chimäre~
The doctor will see you now.
Ayeaka

Postby pablofiasco » Sun Feb 22, 2009 11:39 am

pen-n-paper wise,
ive really only played Dark heresy (its a Rpg set in the warhammer40,000 setting)

although, i did participate in a breif dnd-ish campaign thanks to the internets, although it ended...quite disastorusly
pablofiasco

Postby Werevixen » Sun Feb 22, 2009 10:07 pm

I roleplay online, all kinds you could imagine. I don't have a particular interest in pen and paper roleplaying though. Whatever that may be (I imagine something like Dungeons and Dragons?).
~Retjzkai the intersex dracorat~
Werevixen

Postby Dusty » Sun Feb 22, 2009 11:46 pm

Never done Pen-and-Paper personally. Is it like DnD?
Dusty

Postby Ayeaka » Mon Feb 23, 2009 8:09 pm

It's more like acting, but not quite LARP. (Although many storytellers make use of LARP segments.)

The storyteller is basically your DM or GM, the other players have character sheets showing skill, but the entirety of the roleplay is vocal. The storyteller may describe a scene..
IE, the group approaching the prince..when something goes wrong

"The room is dark, and lit only by the dying embers of a fire. A large leather chair is turned toward the window, papers littering the desk before it. Filling the entire room is a deathly still. Something is not right here..."

Each character would of course, voice their turn "I ___action__" etcetc.

From that point it's up to the storyteller. Dice are used, typically, for skill actions (IE, a character wanting to pick a door.. say the storyteller decided it had a difficulty of 7.. and it's a dexterity+ security roll. They'd get a dice pool equal to their combined scores.)

Some storytellers forgo dice altogether, and just decide the outcome of actions, spurring the story along.
Frau Chimäre~
The doctor will see you now.
Ayeaka

Postby Dusty » Tue Feb 24, 2009 1:04 am

Dusty

Next

Return to Pound Chatter