[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
The Furry Pound forums • View topic - When do you earn the right to Gloat

When do you earn the right to Gloat

Think something's terrific? Think something sucks? Rant and rave here. This is a definite "Keep it civil" area, folks. We will be enforcing common courtesy.

Postby Marshtomp » Wed Jan 21, 2009 6:44 pm

Im gonna bitch about something that happened to me today.
Believe me when i say that i dont get mad easily on Tf2. Even when im being dominated. When your team gets steam rolled, isnt that a chance to say. HAHA YOU GUYS GOT OWNED BLAH BLAH BLAH cause its true right?
Well there was this guy.
Before i had lag failed an uber and he said something like "BlueTeam Dumb"
And we were like. Dont call us dumb if your not going to use full sentences.

ANyway.
We had 30 seconds in dustbowl (last point) left and i thought up a plan. I was going to go make a sentry on the first point To slow the team down so we'd win.
This douche was on the attacking blue team and was being a useless sniper. I know cause i was right behind him building a sentry. But a surprise happened. Blue team Busted through our awesome defense and capped the last point during overtime.
After that the kid backs up.. (ME STILL RIGHT BEHIND HIM Hiding from Blue team)
and he types "Owned retards"

THis made me pissed. Where does a useless noob get off saying we were owned and he was doing nothing? Not to mention we weren't owned, we were so close to winning. It was a good game. No one was Steamrolled or owned. Of course this guy leaves when we go to the next map.

Sorry for bitching, this just made me SO mad.

Marshtomp

Postby NikkyVix » Wed Jan 21, 2009 10:01 pm

I take this situation the way I usually take foul-mouthed kids:

When you have so little self-esteem that you simply must find validation in cheap, watery insults towards total strangers over an internet video game, then the big picture already deems you full of fail, and not worth the attention of those you insult.

9 times out of 10, that person is all balls only because the Slap-assholes-over-the-internet button has not been invented yet. It's like someone calling you an idiot while they hide behind a police officer or their mother's skirt.

That's my personal outlook on those kinds of people, and it serves to justify having a laugh at their expense. :)
NikkyVix
Site Admin

Postby A.M.Zinthos! » Wed Jan 21, 2009 11:18 pm

A.M.Zinthos!

Postby Doom » Thu Jan 22, 2009 1:09 am

Doom

Postby Dusty » Thu Jan 22, 2009 2:44 am

I dominated a scout playing as pyro and then killed him 3 times over that. He then managed to get a crit shotgun blast on me while I was wounded and I got a 10 line text message about how I was the inferior player for playing a class that is "noob with no skill or aim" even though I killed him 5 of those times with a shotgun. I just kept on playing dominated him on the next map till he left.

My point is as long as there are games there will be e-peens just ignore them, mute them, or wipe there faces in the shit they spew :) Its worth a good luagh.
Dusty

Postby Taross » Thu Jan 22, 2009 1:21 pm

Personally, I like to gloat in private.

I may not always be in the top 3 MVP. I may be Dominated by the likes of Doom or Nikky (in the latter, I won't really complain much). I may even be in the losing team... but when that last score rolls around and five or six of the enemy team are being Dominated by ~me~... Mm... well, I sit back and smile at myself and go on to the next map.

:D
Taross

Postby Ayeaka » Thu Jan 22, 2009 2:32 pm

I can't say I gloat.

Everyone, I'm sure, has heard my gigglefits, or astonished little "the hell are they doing..?"'s when I'm playing spy.. (IE, a pyro puffing me on fire, then..walking away. ...0_o the hell?) Or a sniper that I could rubberknife on twice, cloak, move to escape,only to realize he..just shifted posture, and went back into scope, allowing me to get him easily.

...or when I have six or seven people trying to FIND me as a spy, while I watch from a good distance.. watching everyone run in a little circle shooting at the air, slashing at it...

But I don't gloat. Now, I might rub something in someone's face, if they were being a particular ass, (IE, the times i'ver had someone harassing me, when i eventually wind up dominating them, especially as one of my worst classes, (IE, Scout, Spy, Demoman,) I can't resist spitting their words at their faces. "Yes, I'm definitely the worst player in the game. :3"

But I see no point in gloating beyond my own petty little revenges, such as that. Those that do, fine, if they've earned it. But I do find it amusing when someone gloats about their score when they're playing a medic, and repeatedly leeching ubers. :/ The ubers, great. We probably needed them.

But you easily get 2-3 points per leech session, and then another for the charge, soooo..

...ok, so I did laugh for a good five minutes, after going battle-medic and dominating three of the people on the enemy team immediately when it was 5vs5, but that was because I found it hilarious that going one of the most battle-inappropriate classes enabled me to do that. xD; And I wasn't rubbing it in their faces, just laughing about it.
Frau Chimäre~
The doctor will see you now.
Ayeaka

Postby Doom » Thu Jan 22, 2009 8:00 pm

Doom

Postby Purplecat » Thu Jan 22, 2009 9:17 pm

I might laugh at a odd kill I managed to pull through but other than that. I only got one complaint from someone about this, and it was someone who didn't realize it wasn't personal (I usually don't even pay attention of who I killed when it's a funny one).

...I sometimes throw an "fuck you" or "I love you" to people, but it's always towards people who I know wouldn't take it seriously. And people seem to be amused if you yell at them after you're killed by them. :)

There's been some time where someone annoyed me and I trashtalked back when I pulled off an revenge. I try not to do too much of that though...

And admittly, nowadays when I dominate people... I tend to feel bad for them, especially if it's someone who I know that isn't... very skilled at the game.
Purplecat
Site Admin

Postby Dravu » Fri Jan 23, 2009 10:55 am

I don't usually like to gloat and actually tell everyone good job and try to compliment my team. When I do gloat, it's usually out of humor. Like when Endeavor is jumping out and shooting flares at me while I'm sniper and I finally headshot him. Typically, the only times I actually gloat and are an ass-hat is when I'm slightly frustrated with the other team. Like if teams are badly stacked and my team somehow pulls a victory out of its ass, even though the other team has 2 - 3 times the scores and raped us hard.
Spyro is pie!
Dravu

Next

Return to Rants & Raves