[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
The Furry Pound forums • View topic - King of the Train.

King of the Train.

Think something's terrific? Think something sucks? Rant and rave here. This is a definite "Keep it civil" area, folks. We will be enforcing common courtesy.

Postby Purplecat » Fri Jan 16, 2009 10:24 pm

But if it wasn't for the element of competition in the game, it would been a sandbox game. Not a team VS team game. I admit it might not be as serious business as Counter-strike or whatever, but some of us finds fun in some level of seriousness (as strange as it sounds), especially when it comes to things such as gamebalance.

And I appercite criticism over the mapcycle maps (even if they are unlikely to change before the maptesting events). Some bigger flaws on a map might not be too obvious until later, or some intresting concept get's old due to various reasons.
Purplecat
Site Admin

Postby JimmyChopblock » Sat Jan 17, 2009 5:03 am

24 of 200 voted on these maps - this is not proper data. fuck even admins couldn't get into the map testing night. these things need to be voted on by the majority and the plain and simple fact is EVERY TIME I log on i get complaints about the maps. In my opinion the true majority has spoken and we shoudl go back to the standard main rotation, and leave the customs to special vote/request.
JimmyChopblock

Postby Doom » Sat Jan 17, 2009 6:26 am

Aye, as much fun as this map is; people have extreme views about it, good or bad. No one's quite in the middle on it; and as such, I think it's better left for RTV/Special Requests.
Doom

Postby Echoen » Sat Jan 17, 2009 7:17 am

Need more admins that play during the 'ass' hours, such as mornings and dick-late at night, when none of the other admins would ever be around.

I love King of the Train. I love it even more when it's a spawncamp bananza. It's so much ridiculous fun. The first time I played it it was 12v12 both teams were balanced and everyone was having a blast. When we lost the first round, I was standing in front of my spawn... not doing anything but watching the train.

When it ran off the tracks and smashed into my face then barreled into our spawn and exploded, I nearly pissed my pants laughing.
Echoen

Postby Purplecat » Sat Jan 17, 2009 2:58 pm

Purplecat
Site Admin

Postby KryoMouse » Sat Jan 17, 2009 8:54 pm

Arghhhhh. This map -could- be fun if we weren't locked into it for 30 bloody minutes; it becomes a little bit like 'Playtime in Pyongyang'. RTV falls flat on it's arse and I hate jumping out of TFP#1 because it takes about half-an-hour to get back in again.

If anyone wants some cheese and biscuits to go with this whine, ask later.
KryoMouse

Postby Jinx » Sat Jan 17, 2009 11:32 pm

It's a fun map if you don't take it seriously at all. Is there a way you can lower the number of wins before a map change for king of the train or is that setting global to all maps?
Jinx

Postby A.M.Zinthos! » Sun Jan 18, 2009 12:04 am

If they spawn camp the solution would be everyone sit in the spawn as spy, cloak, go out as a group uncloak on the train and get a x12 instant uncloak spy cap then make good use of the alltalk in the end of the rounds x3
A.M.Zinthos!

Postby Arcalane » Sun Jan 18, 2009 12:22 am

Arcalane
Huzzah!

Postby Dusty » Mon Jan 19, 2009 5:56 pm

I personally love playing with Alltalk on. Theres no way you can enjoy it by acting like its bad water. For example last night we were trying to stop the train ctf_well style (it doesn't work :( ) then the next round the entire enemy team was waiting on there station when the train came by with 4 heavies and we did a Russian driveby as someone put it :P I would agree that lowering the time spent on the map would be a bit nice as well as it automatically putting alltalk on. I don't know if its possible but that would greatly enhance the expirence.

Also Jimmy thats uncalled for about this being a 4chan server. If it was we would be playing Mario-kart with twenty people all playing soundboards at the same time. And not the funny ones I'm talking about the Duke nukem, Jeopardy, and sound effect ones.
Dusty

PreviousNext

Return to Rants & Raves