[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
The Furry Pound forums • View topic - King of the Train.

King of the Train.

Think something's terrific? Think something sucks? Rant and rave here. This is a definite "Keep it civil" area, folks. We will be enforcing common courtesy.

Postby RumRunner » Thu Jan 15, 2009 6:26 am

Ok tonight I had my first experience with the King of the Train map. It was NOT a pleasant experience. At the time there were no admins on and the server was predominately non-regs. One team with more regs obeyed the rules and didn't spawn camp. the other team constantly spawn camped this resulted in 12:0 wins.

Now I know with the spawns so close together it is hard not to do a run-by or two. but when you get top of your team from ONLY killing in front of the spawn then that is spawn camping. With admins on it may decrease slightly. However, due to the horrible map design, spawns should NEVER be that close together, even that probably wouldn't work.

Due to my experience tonight I utterly despise this map. The concept of the map is fun, good, and unique, but the design of the map makes it fail so epically it should either be removed from the server completely or left to request from admins specifically for screwing around. With pubs that don't understand or read the rules this map at the least cannot be allowed in the general rotation.
Don't worry! There will be strippers at your funeral!
RumRunner

Postby NikkyVix » Thu Jan 15, 2009 7:04 am

We had a map trial night where this map was tested on a full server of regs and a small handful of pubs.

The people who were there liked it enough to vote to have it on the rotation.

I understand that you had a shitty time on the map for whatever reasons, but (and I say this to anyone who votes too), don't expect anything to change due to this thread; you're better off just foregoing the poll and making a rant post in the Rant/Rave section (where this rant is being moved).

And here's something else to consider: If it wasn't obvious by the overall premise of this map, it is not to be taken seriously. Just try to have some fun on it without worrying about balance and detail. Spare yourself some headache trying to approach this the way you would pl_badwater.
NikkyVix
Site Admin

Postby Witchiebunny » Thu Jan 15, 2009 7:10 am

Sorry Rum, but the poll won't change anything. It was only JUST put on the map rotation. You have several options:

1. Jump servers when the map rolls around
2. Grit your teeth and bear it, and rtv (I suggest this one)
3. Be no help to your team and complain.

Enough people liked it that it was voted into the server rotation. It's not coming off. The poll's been removed as there's no point asking people to vote on a subject which will lead to no result.
Witchiebunny

Postby Ayeaka » Thu Jan 15, 2009 7:29 am

My team lost every single round on my first experience with the map.

But you know what? I still had fun. It was a freaking pyrofest, I died constantly, but I averaged a good five kills per life, just running around, batting people's heads in as a scout.

Spawncamping I could excuse...to a degree. Building on the roof, fine, whatever. It's shared.

But we did have one person camping the actual door. THAT wasn't acceptable.

Our team's response was..to build three sentries in front of the door.

They didn't understand that this just meant more people coming to our door, trying to take the sentries down. xD:

And yet? Most of us, losing or not, still had a blast. That map is so absolutely fucking FUN. I can't find it in me to take it seriously, it's like Freakazoid on crack.
Fun to just goof in, run around, and bash things in. <3
Frau Chimäre~
The doctor will see you now.
Ayeaka

Postby NikkyVix » Thu Jan 15, 2009 7:48 am

NikkyVix
Site Admin

Postby Pathia » Thu Jan 15, 2009 8:21 am

It's different

Different is goooooood :D
Pathia

Postby JimmyChopblock » Fri Jan 16, 2009 9:14 pm

I agree Rum, it's a shitty map. As are most of the new maps. Are we turning into a 4chan server or can we still play TF2? Some of these are kind of ridiculous and should NOT be on the main rotation. Save em' for requested votes.
JimmyChopblock

Postby Purplecat » Fri Jan 16, 2009 9:23 pm

King of the train is a fun map to play around on, but I do agree it get's frustrating after 10 minutes.

Besides it's bit too glitchy for my taste, and looks too much like an proof of concept rather than a real map. If the map was a bit bigger, and the curves smoother...
Purplecat
Site Admin

Postby pablofiasco » Fri Jan 16, 2009 9:42 pm

ding ding ding, we have a winner

slow down the train speed slighty, longer straightaways and more gradual curves,
some of the curves on this map, are bad enough that i can glitch inside the train engine, where i cant be hurt or move, but block caps

i could defiently see this made a (dustbowl) style map however, with one team on the train trying to protect it (mobile spawn points?) while the other jumps on and takes various points
pablofiasco

Postby Witchiebunny » Fri Jan 16, 2009 9:54 pm

Witchiebunny

Next

Return to Rants & Raves