Love/Hate? Explain, please.

Chicago Ted is a furry

Postby Ayeaka » Tue Dec 23, 2008 7:33 am

I don't have L4D. Now, on a daily basis, I'll have people say DEWD U SHOULD LAEIK TOTALLY GIT D1Z GAME.

Then later that day, (usually the same people) will tell me "whatever you do, DON'T get L4D."

0_o Does this game just have a complete love/hate relationship with its players, or something?
Frau Chimäre~
The doctor will see you now.
Ayeaka

Postby Jinx » Tue Dec 23, 2008 2:21 pm

Indeed it does. Maybe it's the smaller number of players, maybe it's the greater dependence on your team, whatever it is every game has the potential of being the best game you've ever played or the most raged-filled nightmare you've ever played. Some of it can be chalked up to bugs or the fickle nature of the AI Director, but even if you've just had a bad game you keep coming back because great games are intoxicating and many times the next game you play is that great game.
Jinx

Postby Purplecat » Tue Dec 23, 2008 7:38 pm

My biggest annoyance is the hoops you have to jump through to have a private server, then join it.

Or rather, to make long story short... the Lobby system can be bit a pain in the ass sometimes.
Purplecat
Site Admin

Postby Ayeaka » Tue Dec 30, 2008 9:56 am

Welllllll, I've now played, and understand for myself. xD;

Also helps when I don't have a team that likes to run ahead and kill themselves provoking zombies that were previously stationary and rather easy fodder for my hunting rifle. >.>

(after being asked to pick off the zombies ahead)

....on expert.

In Blood Harvest.
Frau Chimäre~
The doctor will see you now.
Ayeaka

Postby Marshtomp » Tue Dec 30, 2008 5:47 pm

I think it got too much Hype.. Like Halo.. Its a nice game.. But thats all it is. Its not Like Half Life and its awesome series or anything like that. And only 4 Campaigns get old after a while. Its just become a game to just play for fun like Gmod... (to me at least)

Marshtomp

Return to Left 4 Dead 1 & 2