[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
The Furry Pound forums • View topic - Stacking, Spawncamping and You

Stacking, Spawncamping and You

Discuss TF2! Or don't. Whatever takes your fancy.

Postby Witchiebunny » Fri Dec 26, 2008 9:17 am

I've been accused of stacking before, and I'm one people would assume would have much to gain from such stacking.

So maybe this'll carry some weight when I say that it's being looked at seriously by the admin staff.
Witchiebunny

Postby Taross » Fri Dec 26, 2008 5:55 pm

Willingness to check more for stacking is there, sure. It can also get a little annoying if the team-scramble thing is being called for almost immediately after a game starts. (just like rtv. Play a game out dammit.)

People call for scrambling the hardest when some of the more infamous regulars are there. "Oh, we're going to lose, the other team is stacked, they have $insert popular name here." If that's your attitude, scrambling won't help at all. After all, what if Awesome MacPopular happens to still be on the other team than you? Still losing by default?

And as one of the little more less known admins, I'd have to say that I am perfectly fine with scrambling teams when a third fully new map starts and the same people start to pile into the same teams. If you will also please bear in mind that the first thing I will do is open up the status screen and watch for people trying to force balancing. I'm not going to swing the ban-hammer around, but I am not going to be nice.
Taross

Postby heroofnone » Fri Dec 26, 2008 9:46 pm

heroofnone

Postby Doom » Fri Dec 26, 2008 10:13 pm

I'm not sure how to make this anymore clear:
Losing is a part of Team Fortress 2

You have to accept a losing a match every now and then. Regardless of how much you scramble about teams; there's always going to be a losing team. Let's say you do get it perfectly scrambled, too, then it turns into stalemates; which are just about as much fun as a win/loss. Asking for a scramble after a team has been steam-rolled repeatedly, through a couple rounds, is nothing wrong. However, asking for one at the start of a match because you're scared of another player is not. You get better through defeats, not constant victories. The reason I'm hesitant to vie for a vote-scramble is I know certain regulars who will abuse it at the start of every match because they didn't get on a favorable team. Besides, it's called Team Fortress 2; if you worked up some teamwork and learn how to manage with teammates you don't know, it's the greatest skill you can obtain. Far better than forcing auto-balance, switching sides mid-game, and constantly crying about stacking and how there needs to be a balance.

I know I'm a bit cruel on this situation; and it's not because it's not a valid issue, it's because people exaggerate it and cry about it around every bend and turn. I get real tired of seeing "Great, -good regular here- is on the other team. Time to give up." or "-Good regular here- IS ON THE OTHER TEAM. TOTALLY NOT STACKING."

Gotta learn life isn't fair, and teams will never be unless every player is a exact perfect clone of the other playing as the same class on a symmetrical map.
Doom

Postby heroofnone » Fri Dec 26, 2008 11:52 pm

heroofnone

Postby Witchiebunny » Sat Dec 27, 2008 1:51 am

IT IS BEING ADDRESSED.

Just because it's not on YOUR timetable, Hero does not mean it is not being addressed. Calm the fuck down.
Witchiebunny

Postby heroofnone » Sat Dec 27, 2008 1:58 am

heroofnone

Postby STrRedWolf » Sat Dec 27, 2008 2:32 am

*looks at Doom*

*looks at Hero*

*looks at Witchie*

Calm down you three! Witchie already got the point, and Hero I believe thinks Doom's not getting the point.

What don't you understand, Doom?

(Edit: To make things a bit clearer, I think Hero's "repetition" is being misconstrued for "Why isn't anything being done now?" instead of "What don't you understand?")
Steam on Linux Native: "PENGUIN TOUCH MY GUN!" "THAT PENGUIN IS A SPY!"
"This is going to be a real piece of piss, you bloody Steam Linux player!"
STrRedWolf

Postby Ayeaka » Sun Dec 28, 2008 6:21 pm

I'm glad it is being addressed.

Although I have to admit, while I have been absolutely blindsided before repeatedly for a solid map...more often than not, what I find is something the team desperately needs that no one else is willing to do.

And by the time I'm finally all FINE I'LL DO IT...it's too late. x_X

(IE, three medics all using KRITZKRIEG on defense, when we desperately need an uber to push the attackers back, with no one willing to switch to medigun.)
Frau Chimäre~
The doctor will see you now.
Ayeaka

Postby Arcalane » Mon Dec 29, 2008 7:22 pm

Just to throw in my 2 pence; making random only will make people sit in spec and just watch the teams, and then hit random whenever the team they want to be on has a slot free or if they're feeling lucky when there's a space free on each team. Same as normal, just a slightly greater chance of being ninja'd and ending up on the 'wrong' team.
Arcalane
Huzzah!

PreviousNext

Return to Team Fortress 2