[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
The Furry Pound forums • View topic - The witch is bugged...

The witch is bugged...

Chicago Ted is a furry

Postby Purplecat » Tue Nov 25, 2008 12:46 am

A video I recorded.

I have a high-quality version encoded in H.264 (best video encoding I know so far, and youtube itself use H.264 as well), but the youtube video should be good enough for most.

Already posted about this on the offical bug thread.
Purplecat
Site Admin

Postby Marshtomp » Tue Nov 25, 2008 6:07 pm

NO..No No no no no... Im not trying it.. Cause last time there was a Bug and i tried it, Valve fixed it the day of DX

Okay im gonna try it XD

Marshtomp

Postby Purplecat » Tue Nov 25, 2008 6:15 pm

Seeing how it's not getting much attention for now, I'm having doubts that the bug will be fixed anytime soon. <<
Purplecat
Site Admin

Postby Marshtomp » Wed Nov 26, 2008 5:28 am

Marshtomp

Postby Purplecat » Wed Nov 26, 2008 12:45 pm

Purplecat
Site Admin

Postby Marshtomp » Thu Nov 27, 2008 1:44 pm

Marshtomp

Postby NikkyVix » Tue Dec 02, 2008 3:23 am

I'm glad it has been hotlinked for more viewing. Good job on helping shine more light on it.

It doesn't impress me to be able to get around the system like this. Especially in versus mode, when people playing the Infected rely on the Witch's presence to be a tense problem for the Survivors, no exception or question allowed. Keeping an exploit like this unpatched is really shitty for those of us that want a game that gives us a proper, non-exploitable challenge to gameplay.

I do expect Valve to do the right thing about this situation.
NikkyVix
Site Admin

Postby Purplecat » Tue Dec 02, 2008 4:12 pm

Belive it or not, but it's not as a big problem in versus as it might seem, if the infected is paying attention. A hunter or smoker stalking near the witch usually disturb the survivors plan of taking out the witch, either by incapacitating them at the right moment or simple crouching behind the witch. However, I do want this bug to be fixed, that's why I made this video in the first place, to get Valve software's attention.

Exploit-wise I find the quick melee exploit to be an ever bigger problem in versus. Lame too. Same goes for the "use suicide console commands to explode as boomer" exploit.

The only patch so far was fixing a minor bug. I really hope Valve is having a huge patch this week now that the dust have settled after the intial release. Especially since I am planning to buy a copy for one of my relatives...
Purplecat
Site Admin

Postby Ferto12 » Sat Dec 06, 2008 4:11 am

It got fixed.

"Fixed exploit of "hugging" the Witch from behind where she can't hit you."
Ferto12

Postby Purplecat » Sat Dec 06, 2008 4:58 am

Yeah, they even used my wording it seems.

I made a note on my video, but the average youtube idiot will still probably post comments about that it's fixed now.
Purplecat
Site Admin

Next

Return to Left 4 Dead 1 & 2