Check your admins

Think something's terrific? Think something sucks? Rant and rave here. This is a definite "Keep it civil" area, folks. We will be enforcing common courtesy.

Postby Eddie » Thu Jan 03, 2013 10:24 pm

Today, playing Furry Pound #5, cp_steam, blu team, as a demo

We capture D as a team, head on to cap E.

There are red stragglers behind the door and coming out the other entryway that does not have a door. I'm still on the D capture point, killing stragglers and putting up stickies to hold back red from E. Note I'm actually on the D caputure point, right after capping D, playing the damn game.

Admin autokills me and warns not to spawncamp. This pisses me off for reasons obvious to anyone who knows the map (clearly NOT the admin). No surprise I get kicked after defending myself in chat.

I have enjoyed this server MANY times, for a long time, and have it in favorites, I have never seen admin behave like that to me or any other player, but if crap like that continues I'm done with the furry pound.

Eddie Van Blundht
Eddie

Postby NikkyVix » Fri Jan 04, 2013 10:35 pm

Hi there,

Let me expand on your story. You were slayed as a penalty and first warning for spawncamping on a server with specifically written rules against spawncamping. I will make the assumption of 'English, you DO speak it', which the rules were written in.

Due to the swift and volatile nature of TF2, action is faster than typed word, and verbal warning does not make a camper stop immediately by past history. So for your acts of sitting on the D-cap with Demoman stickies over a marked spawn door, causing kills as they left the spawn, you were taken a life for a life to remove the immediate threat of future violations and given a warning while waiting to respawn.

Both I and a second admin warned you about the camping AND that continued camping would result in removal from the server. As you claim you are a long-standing player among us, I find it hard to believe you did not know of the no-spawncamping rules beforehand, and was quite content to assume you just got caught up in the heat of the moment. It happens. But talking back at an admin when they point out your trespass, and worse, profanity at the admins when you are clearly out of line, is hardly a situation to win your argument over.

In short: Telling an admin 'Fuck you' when they ask if you wish to be removed for your continued and unnecessary belligerence is a splendid way to be dis-invited from the servers. :)

So keep that in mind the next time you feel you have the right to balk at ANY staffer that runs the servers you play on. And when they tell you you're in violation of the rules, nod and comply. We are not obligated to warn you about anything, or to be nice. We just do it because we are!

Further explanation of the non-negotiable, non-debatable server spawncamping rules can be found here: viewtopic.php?f=12&t=1914

Thank you for playing with us!
NikkyVix
Site Admin

Return to Rants & Raves