DayZ

Gotta share the love for other fun games? Post about them here!

Postby LunikSkunk » Fri Jul 20, 2012 5:46 am

Any Fuzzies spend their time roaming Chernarus? I'm looking for some partners. It's tough surviving on your own! Calling all DayZ Players!
LunikSkunk

Postby ReverendBrowning » Sat Jul 21, 2012 4:51 am

Howdy! Sekh and I ran the TFP DayZ event back in May, to a rousing success (read: I only died twice during my own event). We're thinking about doing another one sometime after the Steam Sales end. In the meantime, add me on Steam (Reverend Browning) and I'll try not to shoot you :P
ReverendBrowning

Postby Sekh765 » Sat Jul 21, 2012 2:34 pm

Like Rev B said. We ran a DayZ event a month or two ago. Worked out real well. I did a recap here http://www.thefurrypound.org/ of how it went. We should be running another soon. Toss me a friend request on Steam, we can meet up sometime.
Your friendly local Buffett-Bird spy. ^_^
My spy video!
Sekh765

Postby Sekh765 » Sun Jul 22, 2012 1:34 am

http://steamcommunity.com/groups/thefur ... 7581005185 - The DayZ event has been scheduled!
My spy video!
Sekh765

Postby LunikSkunk » Mon Jul 23, 2012 5:55 am

Sweet! I sent you both a request on Steam. Thanks for responding!
LunikSkunk

Postby pablofiasco » Mon Jul 23, 2012 8:58 pm

purchased Arma2 and expansions just to play DayZ :)

didnt have much time when it finally installed, played for only a few minutes to get a feel for it,
my experience was as follows:
Spawn,
try to run to one town, its surrounded by Barbwire, road is cut off, cannot get in,
run to other town,
Fuck, zombies see me immediatly
Running
fuck
fuck
fuck
get stuck Under bridge somehow
"I R ZOMBIE< YOU FOOD< OHM NOM NOM NOM
dead :(

need to try again with friends so I have a chance at least, what with the spawning with no weapon deal
pablofiasco

Postby LunikSkunk » Tue Jul 24, 2012 2:59 am

Go for the Deer stands! It's where I found my first weapon. :3
LunikSkunk

Postby pablofiasco » Tue Jul 24, 2012 3:46 pm

you misunderstand how much barbed wire was set up,
they had it ringing the base of the mountain even so I couldnt even hit the forest.
It was like they were channeling people to the $%^ town
(which, they very well may have been, from the number of corpses I passed while trying to flee for my life)
pablofiasco

Postby Sekh765 » Tue Jul 24, 2012 9:33 pm

If you encounter something of that level of sheer retarded pablo, change servers. It's usually some crazy admins that set up stuff that expansive. As for no weapon umm...I haven't died since before that patch...let me go find browning.
My spy video!
Sekh765

Postby ReverendBrowning » Tue Jul 24, 2012 9:47 pm

I love the new weaponless spawns. Adds some crazy tension to the first few hours, and takes the Makarov from rusty paperweight to godsend. First thing you're gonna want to look for on a new spawn is large, open buildings. Warehouses, barns, slaughterhouses, haylofts, etc. All of the coastal towns have industrial areas where these kinds of buildings are. In addition to having multiple entrances (so you can funnel pursuing zombies in one end and escape without them through the other) they all have many loot spawns in each building. Your first weapon is probably gonna be a hatchet. Hatchets kill zombies in one swing, but only from ~2 meters away. Best way is sneak up on one from behind and bury it in his back, so you don't draw any others. Also, if you do draw some zombies in a town, remember to never run. Crouch-running is okay, provided you keep about 20-30m away, depending on terrain and visibility.

Playing at night with a hatchet in one slot and a flashlight in the other is actually fairly easy because the zombies can't see you at all. Stick to the grass and never break into a sprint and they can't hear you either.
ReverendBrowning

Next

Return to Alternative Games