[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
The Furry Pound forums • View topic - What is your political stance?

What is your political stance?

For Political Discussion. This is another definite "Keep it Civil" area; Respect others' perspectives if debate happens.

Postby Cpt. Nuke » Sun Aug 17, 2008 9:22 am

I just want to know. If someone doesn't belong to your political party, don't start an argument. I just want to see what this community is made up of politically.
Cpt. Nuke

Postby Purplecat » Sun Aug 17, 2008 9:39 am

Well, I'm obviously towards the extreme leftwing liberal side. One of those who think Capitalism is a good thing, but that it needs to be heavily restricted to prevent abuse of it.

Member of the Pirate Party as well, and voted for them at the last time. In other words, I don't like the copyrights or patents, but I don't want to abolish them completely... just that they're quite more powerful than needed.
Purplecat
Site Admin

Postby Witchiebunny » Sun Aug 17, 2008 3:31 pm

If you want to go by the sheer "platform" of the two major american parties, I'm actually classified as a republican, as the things that they're *supposed* to believe in and work towards are things I believe in and would rather see as well.

However, socially I'm very, VERY liberal, and so do not fit in with most of the republican party. So I tend to swing more towards the democratic party, though to be honest, I haven't been liking them much either lately. Economically and governmentally, I guess I'm more moderate.

Truth be told, I'm really a constitutionalist-I believe strongly in the American constitution, and would much rather let it, and the bill of rights, be our guide to our policies as opposed to the religious beliefs of whoever is in charge. I'm also a huge "be fair" and "live and let live" person, and would rather keep America out of a lot of the conflicts its in today, while also allowing it to comment on other things (Russia vs. Georgia....and while I agree with Bush's stance, it'd be better if he weren't making us out to be one big hypocritical nation after what he did in the middle east...)

I guess I'm a really weird combination of a lot of different political beliefs.
Witchiebunny

Postby Doom » Sun Aug 17, 2008 5:32 pm

I'm a odd balance in between Republican and Democrat, mostly Republican though.
Doom

Postby RumRunner » Sun Aug 17, 2008 6:10 pm

i'm a republican i suppose that is what best classifies me... anyways i have the view that virtually all politicians are lying dirtbags that shouldn't be trusted with a pile of shit... but since there isn't the option of "find someone who isn't a lying dirtbag" on the ballots i generally vote republican b/c of my capitalist nature. so it is basically a game of "find the person who won't fuck everything up too much." the US government is usually SNAFU there is no reason to go and FUBAR the situation.
Don't worry! There will be strippers at your funeral!
RumRunner

Postby Cpt. Nuke » Mon Aug 18, 2008 3:43 am

I might as well post here.

I'm a libertarian. I used to be to very right wing, but I took a turn for the moderate, and then a bit of a turn towards libertarian.

I definetely believe in all the constitution strongly, especially the inalienable rights stated in it. I still retain some of my Right wing beliefs,however, especially about the second amendment. Color me biased, I'm a gun nut, but then again, the right to defend yourself should be one of the last infringed upon (Along with free speech).

So basically I'm a right leaning libertarian with moderate tendencies. I still coexist happily with the hardcore Republicans and Democrats, however, unless it's a debate. Then I decimate them. :V
Cpt. Nuke

Postby Dark Lucario » Mon Aug 18, 2008 11:45 pm

Me, I'm just me. I vote for whoever matches my views the most, or who I think would be best for the country.
Dark Lucario

Postby Kenku » Tue Aug 26, 2008 3:00 am

Im a independent, and I dunno where I stand in the "Political" spectrum but there are a a couple things I can defintly say I follow

1.I am an Environmentalist who is far and away agianst most new drilling
2.I would REALLY REALLY like whoever is the president to balance the freaking budget(which by the sounds of the press niether will do.)
3.I am ok on raising the taxes as long as it is properly used, or at the very least gets us into a surplus(which we were in BEFORE Bush's tax cuts)
4.I would like Iraq to be dealt with properly, and swiftly so that we can get more troops on the ground agianst the real problem.

thats all I can say...right now I am at a bit of a crossroads between the two canidates, although due to Mccain's stance on oil is not making me happy with him...
Kenku

Postby Ferto12 » Wed Aug 27, 2008 12:20 am

I agree with Nuke in almost all areas.

Added, I am a military isolationist, against the death penalty, advocate nuclear power as an effective means to generate electricity in place of petroleum power plants, and don't give a flying shit about whether or not I offend someone.
Ferto12

Postby Mortician175 » Fri Aug 29, 2008 9:23 pm

Mortician175

Next

Return to Politics