[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
The Furry Pound forums • View topic - Rapid Area Transport System. (Project Refurbished)

Rapid Area Transport System. (Project Refurbished)

We don't need no stinkin' blueprints.

Postby Chittebengo » Sun Nov 27, 2011 8:09 am

Finally mapped all the spawns, major and minor, and created waystations for most of the minor, set most of the portals.

Final count... 12 of the 21 stations open to endless oceans. One is a tiny cluster of islands and endless oceans.

Here is a quick view of what the current grid yields. The UNSETs are ones I didn't bother making waypoints or moving the initial portal. The ones with names like Sand and Stone or a directional are major stations. Between are the minor stations.

So, yeah, our world is really.. wet.
Chittebengo

Postby Chittebengo » Mon Nov 28, 2011 1:24 pm

Going around and putting up maps in the major stations. Also tentatively named additional stations Metal, Fire, Wood, and Swamp for NW SW NE and SE respectively.
Chittebengo

Postby Sekh765 » Mon Nov 28, 2011 6:32 pm

Since you guys are running around right now, is it possible to load that mapping program into all of your clients? The one that takes all the info everyone sees and generates a map?
Your friendly local Buffett-Bird spy. ^_^
My spy video!
Sekh765

Postby CheeseCAKE » Mon Nov 28, 2011 8:26 pm

Smart Arrow idea...
I like the plans, but are they subject to easy expanding?
I'm Third...the best way to live.

You guys can follow me on Grooveshark if ya wunt :3 http://grooveshark.com/#/
CheeseCAKE

Postby MawringFox » Mon Nov 28, 2011 8:38 pm

MawringFox

Postby Chittebengo » Tue Nov 29, 2011 1:37 am

Chittebengo

Postby CheeseCAKE » Tue Nov 29, 2011 3:39 am

Dang! Talk about industries! will this be a public server of will it just be Furry Pound? if so, pray for grief protection!

CheeseCAKE

Postby Pink_Luigi » Tue Nov 29, 2011 6:56 am

Chittebengo reminded me this thread was still here, So here's all the updated info.

I've been going through each station. Decorating the major stations as appropriate to their theme, and adding ladders to enter the Nether to every station. So RATS isn't completely self contained, Players will be able to move in to the Nether from RATS stations via ladders.

As for the RATS Gates in the overworld. I previously wanted to use my subway-esque stair thing shown in the first post.. But that may not be noticeable enough over a large distance. I'm not a fan of that lava arrow thing though, way too invasive. I'll work on something a bit more fitting yet noticeable. Perhaps a large pyre or miniature lighthouse deal.

Also this is the theme map for RATS as it stands now. Each name corresponds with the theme of that Major station, All of which have been revamped to use a simpler square template over my origional oval design, I'll post pictures of them tomorrow. Minor stations are the same as previously pictured, and are not themed.

Ender: Somewhat blank theme composed simply of End stone floor and Obsidian walls. No dragons allowed.
Grass: A simple grassy park like theme with a tree or two and some flowers.
Steel: Though it uses Iron blocks. I ended up using Steel since this area is a bit more "techy" using some redstone circuitry to pretty it up, a large random blink device pretty much being it right now. Still working on it, and would love ideas!

Sand: Theme based off the beach side, complete with sandcastle.
Snow: The central RATS station. Modeled with snow and a bit of wood, attempting to reflect the snowy biome main spawn is set in.
Water: I tried to pull off a water temple/bath house deal here. Lots of Lapis and flowing water decorated with extra glowstone and a bit of gold lining.

Swamp: Just that. A water drenched area with some dense tree growth'n mushrooms. Too bad I couldn't make it green water.
Stone: A simple temple-esque theme littered with a few flaming braziers.
Mine: Very last idea to come to mind, kinda silly I didn't think of it sooner. Theme designed with the notable things seen in mining. Dungeons, Mineshafts, and Coal chunks, and a bit of a Stronghold.

Each major station has a simplistic map, showing that station at the center and labeling the surrounding 8 stations. I've also been thinking about adding tiny 'shops' to each station solely for "renting" Minecarts. By rent I mean selling them for a cheap price, then being able to buy them back for 80% to 90%.

I'll be posting pictures of the major stations tomorrow. I'd love any and all input anyone has as far as the decor of each theme. I'm not the best designer, so sometimes my stuff doesn't look that great, and I'm always looking for ideas or critique.
Last edited by Pink_Luigi on Fri Dec 02, 2011 2:46 am, edited 1 time in total.
Pink_Luigi

Postby Pink_Luigi » Tue Nov 29, 2011 6:50 pm

Here's screencaps of all the 'completed' stations. Completed in the sense they give off the base feel of their theme. But could still use some work in them. Not all of them have decorated walls, and a number of them could still use extra decor to solidify it's theme. Please drop me any ideas or suggestions you have that might help with making these better. Including alternate theme ideas.

Mine

Swamp

Minor Station
Last edited by Pink_Luigi on Fri Dec 02, 2011 2:46 am, edited 1 time in total.
Pink_Luigi

Postby CheeseCAKE » Tue Nov 29, 2011 11:12 pm

Nice. i like it...

You have great creativity...

CheeseCAKE

PreviousNext

Return to Maps & Projects