[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
The Furry Pound forums • View topic - trouble finding and connecting to TFP servers

trouble finding and connecting to TFP servers

Don't know how to get out of spawn? HLSS plays sounds really slowly? Or you need a dispenser? Come here!

Postby Nursemouse » Fri Dec 31, 2010 9:49 pm

This is most likely a problem on my end (mostly because I can't find any threads highlighting any abnormalities in the servers...), but I can't seem to add or even find any TFP servers. This has only happened recently, and I'm getting confused and annoyed. Is anybody else having similar difficulties, or is something just screwed up on my end?
Nursemouse

Postby NikkyVix » Sat Jan 01, 2011 2:47 am

NikkyVix
Site Admin

Postby Nursemouse » Sun Jan 02, 2011 4:59 am

Those addresses work when I add them to favorites. I'm wondering now if I just need to get the rest of the server IP addresses from somewhere other than the Steam Community page. Those addresses don't give me any results :/ I simply try to add them to my favorites and they don't appear at all, not even later during play
Nursemouse

Postby STrRedWolf » Sun Jan 02, 2011 2:59 pm

Are you on a Verizon FiOS connection with an Actiontec router? If so, check which router revision you're using. If you got a rev A through D (I have a D), you're going to have problems when you hit a server refresh. The router's Network Address Translation tracking table is woefully short at 50,000 connections. Any Steam network game blows through it, and starts causing errors until the connections are dropped. If you got an E, you're a bit better at 75,000 connections. FiOS with a Westel router is awesome because they can handle 300,000 connections at once.

There's no work-around for the bug in software. Broadband Reports has a hardware work-around in which you put a regular router between your FiOS' Optical Network Terminal and the Actiontec router. You'll need to switch the ONT to Ethernet if you haven't gotten it done at install time.
Steam on Linux Native: "PENGUIN TOUCH MY GUN!" "THAT PENGUIN IS A SPY!"
"This is going to be a real piece of piss, you bloody Steam Linux player!"
STrRedWolf

Postby Nursemouse » Mon Jan 03, 2011 12:46 am

Nope, I don't do my internet through Verizon. I go through Mediacom with a Motorola router. The servers used to appear just fine... now all I can get are #3, #4, and #5 from what Nikky Vix linked me to earlier.
Nursemouse

Postby Purplecat » Mon Jan 03, 2011 1:29 am

Server 1 and 2 is down.

They hopefully will be back up again soon, but they will have diffrent IP's.
Purplecat
Site Admin

Postby pablofiasco » Mon Jan 03, 2011 5:11 pm

pablofiasco

Postby NikkyVix » Tue Jan 04, 2011 12:34 am

NikkyVix
Site Admin

Postby NikkyVix » Tue Jan 04, 2011 12:37 am

NikkyVix
Site Admin

Postby Nursemouse » Tue Jan 04, 2011 3:15 pm

Thank you muchly! I'm looking forward to not being limited to only the Halolz server :P
Nursemouse

Return to Help