[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
The Furry Pound forums • View topic - Unhappyness(sorry for bad subject name but i'm in this state

Unhappyness(sorry for bad subject name but i'm in this state

Think something's terrific? Think something sucks? Rant and rave here. This is a definite "Keep it civil" area, folks. We will be enforcing common courtesy.

Postby neverminder » Tue Oct 26, 2010 10:15 pm

(Don't ask me why i choose this fourm website to say this for the first time so just leave me too it :!:)
I know that i am a furry but need to denigh it nearly every day as Nearly half of my total number of friends (some i consider to be very good friends with) Use furry as a insult on a daily basis and via this i am not basic able to say any thing about what i am truly like as i will become a laughing stock to most of them. This has reached a peak more resently as more and more i am being acused of being furry ( altho i am )because i dont join in with there insulting of furrys in general (my friend has renames one of his tf2 weps to The Furry Slayer :o and me being the only one not to find that funny :oops: )
Thz to any1 who reads that and i basicly am looking for support :( :arrow: :)
My Life is filled With Brackets...
(o.o)
neverminder

Postby Sultry Skunk » Wed Oct 27, 2010 2:12 am

I don't know how extreme your friend's hatred is for furry, but I had the same problem. I basically just came out and said "Hey, I'm casual furry." I said casual because the whole, tail wearing, fursuit thing is... well.. its too extreme for me. But the art work and RP is what I like.

My friends gave me SHIT for it for a good while, but after a while it faded. They moved on to hating other things. I didn't lose any friends. (Not over this subject at least.)

So, stop hiding it. If they are your true friends they will accept you. Or at least give you lots of shit about it in a jovial mirthful manner. I'm in the military so having a thick skin is second nature. One way to fight back if they do give you shit (assuming it is in a playful joking manner) is to comment on a generality of something they like. Example; One dude likes the Animes. Call him a pedo since most females in the shows are underage.

Again, tale my advice with a grain of salt. I am military and used to being made fun off as well as dishing it out. We call each other gay here almost everyday. Often in the most graphic terms we can imagine. I also get made fun of for being a DnD geek. My Sergeant gave me the nickname "The Dragon" off Step Brothers. Can't let it get to you.
Sultry Skunk

Postby neverminder » Wed Oct 27, 2010 3:48 pm

Thz for that man.
I am basicly waiting for the moment as i probibly wont be able to just walk out and say it to there faces (or avatars online if it been then) as im not the most outgoing person and even in my group of friends i have truely no idea how it will go down with them if i where to just say it ( i know your set of friends and general group of people are more like to take it further and it did seem to go down bad)
The main reason for me not currently doing is in my group of friends there is one person how openly admits to liking to watch anime and has admited a Love for the character Rukia from a show called Bleach. Currently most people ran him down for it (some still do) after nearly a year have now basicly stoped. Although now half of them who ridiculed him now actually like anime themselfs. Basicly i dont feal like having to go though that im my last year of high school as it should be a year to remember and i and i dont mean in a bad way.

If and When i eventualy say i i think ill wait till uni as i might meat some nicer people ther(hopefully my friend will stop being dicks to furrys in general :p)

Thz for the msg though :)
(o.o)
neverminder

Postby Sultry Skunk » Sat Oct 30, 2010 1:51 pm

I also noticed you're from Scottland! All the more reason to be open! BE SCOTTISH ABOUT IT!

HIKE THAT KILT AND SCREAM "ACK! I BE A FURRY YE STOOPEED DUNDARHEADS! NAH YE CAN SOOK ME FAT FOXIE (General Fersona species selected.) CAWK!"

This plan is fool proof. You will have at least 3 of them going down on you within the minute.

Trust me. I'm a skunk. :3
Sultry Skunk

Postby neverminder » Sat Oct 30, 2010 10:10 pm

lol interesting idea but then again why be scottish about is when the magority of my friends are scottish and will be scottish about it (though i do own a kilt)

I am a techniqual descendant of the Clan Macduff so i own a macduff kilt :)
(o.o)
neverminder

Postby Sultry Skunk » Sun Oct 31, 2010 2:07 am

Sultry Skunk

Return to Rants & Raves