X-COM: Saving the world with furries

Gotta share the love for other fun games? Post about them here!

Postby Kellervo » Mon Oct 13, 2008 8:50 am

Lolwut.

Basically on a classic gaming binge, and uncovered a copy of X-COM UFO Defense. Old school turn-based / RTS hybrid I highly recommend to just about anyone. The bad graphics and sound can't detract from the insanely addicting tactics and politics.

Was having some fun in it, renaming the squadmates after people from TFP. The results were humorous, for the most part. But almost everyone died in a horrible friendly fire accident caused by a rocket-wielding Lucario. And he died shortly after.

But... I've done this before, but I was wondering if anyone would be interested in me posting updates on how the campaign against the aliens goes. Starting anew and what not, which means I'll not be naming the troops right off the bat. (though Doom will with his luck end up being the badass Commander amongst us all, if he doesn't panic and run onto another mine HE SET.) :v
I'm a shaaark
I'm a shaaark!
You know what to do. :v
Kellervo

Postby Arcalane » Mon Oct 13, 2008 8:15 pm

We're all doomed!

But do it anyway.
Arcalane
Huzzah!

Postby Kellervo » Mon Oct 13, 2008 9:45 pm

Jah. Starting a new game in a moment. Plan is to hire 25 more soldiers, which would give us 33 spots. More then enough.

If anyone wants to call dibs on certain roles, now is the time to speak up, or you can't complain when you get stuck with the chicken lugging Heavy Weapons Guy's ammo around all year. :B

Role list:

Heavy Weapons Guy (Rawket Lawnchair) -
Heavy Weapons Guy (Autocannon) -
Support -
Rifleman -
Pointman* -
Demoman -
Medic -
Sniper -
Saboteur* -
Scout -

*- You'll likely be injured early on in these roles.

Break down of roles - Heavy Weapons Guys roll out with the big guns. Typically only used in outdoors combat. Think TF2's Heavy, but with a lot less health. Supports accompany the Heavies and carry ammunition and grenades. Riflemen are the standard of the group, usually carry laser rifles or later heavy plasma rifles, and do the bulk of indoors combat. Pointman is the guy who goes in first. Heaviest armor, usually armed with an autocannon or another heavy weapon, but extremely high likelihood of injury and/or death. Demomen are riflemen entrusted with the heavier grenades. Medics carry around medpaks and are responsible for keeping people alive. Sniper is a sniper. Saboteurs are equipped depending on the enemy, typically armed to exploit their weaknesses. Scouts are armed with rifles, but are chosen for their speed and endurance to cover open ground. Much less likely to die then one might think.

People can sign up for whichever role they want, because there is going to be alot of death and thus plenty of job openings, even for Heavies :v
Last edited by Kellervo on Mon Oct 13, 2008 9:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.
I'm a shaaark
I'm a shaaark!
Kellervo

Postby Arcalane » Mon Oct 13, 2008 9:54 pm

I call dibs on sniper.
Arcalane
Huzzah!

Postby Jinx » Mon Oct 13, 2008 10:01 pm

I'll take support or rifleman =3
Jinx

Postby Wulfie » Mon Oct 13, 2008 10:02 pm

Scout please? Wuv you :3
Wulfie

Postby Stray » Mon Oct 13, 2008 10:03 pm

I guess I'll take medic? XD
Stray

Postby RumRunner » Mon Oct 13, 2008 10:08 pm

meh just put me down for pointman i normally am the one that rushes in and dies/gets hurt more in most games anyways why not this one....
Don't worry! There will be strippers at your funeral!
RumRunner

Postby Kellervo » Mon Oct 13, 2008 10:54 pm

Heavy Weapons Guy - Keller
Support - Mirri
Rifleman - Jinx
Pointman* - RumRunner
Demoman -
Medic - Stray
Sniper - Arcalane
Saboteur* -
Scout - Wulfie

Tentatively, the rest of the team is a bunch of Russian and European dudes and dudettes, at least until moar people post :V

I was expecting more people to take Demoman, but oh well. :v
I'm a shaaark
I'm a shaaark!
Kellervo

Postby Doom » Mon Oct 13, 2008 10:56 pm

Demoman. It'd be wrong if I wasn't.
Doom

Next

Return to Alternative Games