[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
The Furry Pound forums • View topic - The Rage, and dealing with it.

The Rage, and dealing with it.

Think something's terrific? Think something sucks? Rant and rave here. This is a definite "Keep it civil" area, folks. We will be enforcing common courtesy.

Postby iller » Thu Jan 21, 2010 7:13 pm

iller

Postby Zareth » Tue Jan 26, 2010 1:04 pm

Ah, gamer rage. My very fuel to keep playing :]

If someone flat out says 'fuck you Zareth' when I headshot them or kill them as Scout, I grin. Keeping it up and they flat out bitch and moan after the ground, its even more reason to keep playing! Because someone, somewhere is getting extremely angry over a video game (and me :3)

now that its out of the way, Snipers. Specifically, quickscoping counterstrike guys who headshot you (or your medic) in about a second from across the map and proceed to rape the team, not even spies work since they parked themselves right by a sentry nest or a Heavy. I've ran into plenty of folks like this and when I'm playing Sniper, first priorities are other Snipers if they have the rifle so I can pick off my targets for a good 10-15 seconds without fear of getting killed. But shit, some of these guys are just insane.
Zareth

Postby Zareth » Mon Feb 15, 2010 11:20 am

Damage Spread. as. scout.

Oh sweet Christmas how this thing seems to go against me. Every single time I flank ._.

best example of this is Gravel Pit, offense. Running over to B from A using the route past RED's spawn (the two doors), see a RED Pyro, flank him, land 2 well placed point blank shots, he turns around, BAM crit fire to my face. My HUD tells me how much health they have. 110. ONE HUNDRED AND TEN HEALTH OUT OF 175 AFTER 2 POINT BLANK SCATTERGUN HITS. (He wasn't overhealed, either. No crosses emiting nor were there any Medics in sight)

all because the spread jus hates me .____. even worse is Scout on Scout, you know you're hitting them hard, but the game just makes your pellets rubber and his made of liquid steel.

Also, Demomen who refuse to even touch hte grenade launcher at medium range. See that Heavy plowing through us, not moving? Switch to your goddamned nade launcher and GET RID OF HIM. By the time you plant those stickies he's going to have destroyed them or died anyway. Pyro charging at you? Nade launcher. not 'DURP DURP HURRRRRP WINBAWMBZ GUISE OMG WTF I DED? D: ' garbage

awjpawehpwerh >:C
Zareth

Postby MaskedJackal » Mon Feb 15, 2010 2:30 pm

Image◕ ‿ ◕
MaskedJackal

Postby Sekh765 » Mon Feb 15, 2010 4:05 pm

I thought just damage was random. Is spread random as well? And is that corrected by nospread.
Your friendly local Buffett-Bird spy. ^_^
My spy video!
Sekh765

Postby Mr. Munchlax » Mon Feb 15, 2010 4:16 pm

yeah, spread is random too unless nospread is on.
Who do you think you are? Bleeding Action Man?!
Mr. Munchlax

Postby Jinx » Mon Feb 15, 2010 4:38 pm

All hitscan weapons (with maybe the exception of the sniper rifle) have a cone of fire and the bullet(s) will hit randomly anywhere within that cone. Here's a picture of spread turned on/off; the top and bottom rows are vanilla and the middle row has spread off: http://www.northernresistance.com/manof ... preads.jpg

So in a vanilla TF2 game all the hitscan weapons have this randomness of where the bullet is going to go and also how much damage it will do. It seems like a lot of randomness, but generally skill and aiming win out in the end.

tf_damage_disablespread will disable the random damage
tf_use_fixed_weaponspreads will make it so pellet spread is uniform

TFP6 has both of these turned on, and we might have a little surprise for you guys regarding TFP6 soon.
Jinx

Postby Taggerung » Tue Feb 16, 2010 1:01 am

I think the new update with the damage indicator and the hit sound makes up for it now.
At least now you can tell when you are clipping them for 8 damage and stuff, when you see the low numbers adjust the aim and take it slow :3
A good thing to search for is a custom damage indicator, I have one that displays the text in bright yellow size 20 font.

Here is a link to the Damage Indicator: http://forums.steampowered.com/forums/s ... ?t=1090426
Put it in: steam/steamapps/<account name>/team fortress 2/tf/resource/ui
The past is the past
Move past it, make reforms, make a brighter future :3
Taggerung

Postby ArcticEight » Tue May 18, 2010 11:22 pm

For me, it's pretty easy.
All I do is pretty much just wait, and try not to say anything at all. Then when the map changes, I leave (Because most people don't use the TAB button when the round is over).
Then I pretty much just end up listening to music. It's a good way to calm down. Also, I hate arguing, so I try not to.
But.. Sometimes it has happend that I have been mad at people for playing a bit unfair.
... Then I realize it's a game not meant to be taken too seriously. xD
ArcticEight

Postby Dr. Furry » Sat May 22, 2010 4:18 pm

depends if you play for competition or if you play for shits and giggles. people play for different reasons, and when they mix, its when rage usually ensue. i play for serious business, and what i do is i just pick up the slack my shitty team may be leaving behind and try to carry my team on my shoulders, sometimes its not enough though.
Dr. Furry

PreviousNext

Return to Rants & Raves