[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
The Furry Pound forums • View topic - Game Against The Machine [GATM]

Game Against The Machine [GATM]

Share an update, post a greeting, thread a meme or roleplay: Anything offtopic in other forums are ontopic here so post it here!

Postby Doom » Tue Sep 30, 2008 10:36 pm

This is something I'm doing both to let people know of the other community I'm a part of; and as a silly thing to do, as I've made a post about The Furry Pound in their forum too.

Personal History:
Game Against The Machine and I go way back; back to the days when it was called Planet Garry's Mod. This was a time when I had few online friends, and was part of no community. I hopped on their server one day and grew to be a part of a fun-loving community. Made friends, gained rank and even made admin. I threw in suggestions here and there; and other things of the like. I even use to play Team Fortress 2 with them when it first came out and helped pull them through two clan-matches in the game. I fadded out of Garry's Mod, though, and soon became disconnected with the group. Only recently did I get to become reacquainted with them; mainly due to E-104 Epsilon asking me if I wanted to help GATM in the TF2 tournament.

Servers:
The Arcadium (Garry's Mod) - Their longest running and oldest server. It has gone through many private custom admin-scripts made by Foszor.

The PainRift (Garry's Mod) - The secondary server and a backup. It was also a place to test out things before they got moved to the main.

Kingdumb (Counter-Strike: Source) - None of us were notably that great at it, but it was always fun with friends; I don't think it's around anymore, or runs by the same name.

Jewlands (Team Fortress 2) - It wasn't used too much minus some small matches between some of the better known members. It was merged with Mine-Dog's TF2 server, since neither got much use; and is now called Axis vs Allies [Mine-Dog/GATM].

People of Significance:
Foszor:
The top man himself. He kept our servers up, made us awesome scripts and was like a father to our whole community. He kept things fresh, and everyone pretty much liked him; it was just odd since he rarely spoke with us much outside of the forums.

Chad:
Our even less seen second-hand man. He help Foszor do just about everything, and had a few interesting things he did himself. We rarely saw of him though, out of Foszor's super secret tests, that is.

E-104 Epsilon
We had small bit of rivalry at first, but soon became good friends on the server. We almost always tried to compete neck and neck in something. If I was bad at something, chance are he was good at it; and vice-versa. We were almost like brothers in Garry's Mod.

Beowulf
You may have seen him around our server. He had very odd ways of building; very out of the box. He was also much a thinker and I still hold him in high-regards as one of my smartest Steam-Friends to date. Although he plays with us, mind you he does it with sprays off and is in no way a furry.

Bartimaeus
A thinker, not a welder. He was on and off the server, and was pretty good at what he did; though I can't quite remember his specialty. Him and me had a small argument way back when that was never cleared up until recently.

Other's of Recognition:
[Mine-Dog] Waxx
Barri167
Everett
Termy58
Delta
Cpt.Nuke

Inside Jokes:

Fluffy - A custom slay script on our Garry's Mod server; it caused a lighting cloud to form, and the very wrath of god, in the form of lighting, to strike you down into giblets.

Fosor - A misspelling of Foszor. If you typed it out you might get slayed or fluffied.

Beer - How you got rank in our server; you got beer over time which was traded for rank.

Hamsters - A constant inside joke, along with gerbils; for no apparent reason.

Howl can't Weld - A laugh that when Bartimaeus (Howl) fucked over a huge contraption we worked together on; I trusted him to weld it and it fell apart.

There's many, many more; but it's been ages and I've forgotten the minor ones.

I hope you've enjoyed or been entertained by learning about the only other community I've really stuck to, and liked, over the years.
Doom

Postby Purplecat » Tue Sep 30, 2008 10:58 pm

Hehe, I just checked the thread on the other forum. I guess I'm not noteworthy enough. :P

Very intresting though, and maybe I check it out whenever I need to play Garry's mod for a bit. I still don't know of a good server after all, and we don't have enough regular Garry's mod players to start our own. :P
Purplecat
Site Admin

Postby Bartimaeus » Wed Oct 01, 2008 1:32 am

It was building enormous things, but you stopped playing once I found that niche.

As of recently it's more abstract stuff, and extremely detailed rooms.

Doom doesn't know I'm an admin. :v

Also, hi everyone.
Bartimaeus

Postby Butler » Wed Oct 01, 2008 1:51 am

Really doom? I'm not even REMOTELY note worthy? That makes me feel horrible :(

@_@
Butler

Postby Doom » Wed Oct 01, 2008 2:23 am

It's hard to mention everyone. Also, I'm loving how this is making the two communities mingle a bit. :u
Doom

Postby Ferto12 » Wed Oct 01, 2008 2:56 am

All in good fun.
Ferto12

Postby Cpt. Nuke » Thu Oct 02, 2008 1:17 am

Hey, you didn't mention me! :C

I was the first full time GATM member (You kind of quit..) to go over to [FOR]. I've been playing with you guys here since May and I don't get any recognition?

/emo
Cpt. Nuke

Postby Doom » Thu Oct 02, 2008 1:41 am

Doom

Postby Butler » Thu Oct 02, 2008 3:16 am

Butler

Return to Pound Chatter