[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
The Furry Pound forums • View topic - The Passing Is Upon Us... Well, Nearly

The Passing Is Upon Us... Well, Nearly

A place for posting information about the development of Bill's Pills.

Postby Arcalane » Wed Apr 21, 2010 10:33 pm

Tomorrow

Are you ready?
Arcalane
Huzzah!

Postby Deanimaizen » Thu Apr 22, 2010 12:31 pm

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OSZTI4W8xts

What now?
Im hoping that the DLC will be better than Crash course.
Deanimaizen

Postby Jinx » Thu Apr 22, 2010 3:20 pm

Why does everybody seem to not like Crash Course D: I thought it made for a pretty decent versus map with the exception of tanks NEVER spawning except during the finale. Tier 1 weapons in the safe rooms, longer stages means a war of attrition for the survivors, only 2 stages so there was a chance you could play through the entire campaign without massive ragequits, the area for the finale is your usual L4D1 giant, wide-open area where SI can't spawn anywhere... but the generator kinda made up for it.

Back on The Passing though (and UGH VALVE, can you stop making campaigns have the same abbreviations), as long as it doesn't break versus more than it already is (I'm looking at you fallen soldier who is carrying 10 medpacks) I think it should be pretty awesome
Jinx

Postby SilverWolf » Thu Apr 22, 2010 4:06 pm

SilverWolf

Postby Wulfie » Thu Apr 22, 2010 5:47 pm

Wulfie

Postby SilverWolf » Thu Apr 22, 2010 11:08 pm

SilverWolf

Postby Purplecat » Thu Apr 22, 2010 11:09 pm

Please valve, I love you but for larger updates... can you please release the campaigns encrypted a day before or something? It's getting really aggravating with the steam servers being on fire whenever a new large update is out.
Purplecat
Site Admin

Postby Mr. Munchlax » Fri Apr 23, 2010 2:00 am

I ended up having download it from Ukraine.
Who do you think you are? Bleeding Action Man?!
Mr. Munchlax

Postby Sekh765 » Fri Apr 23, 2010 2:54 am

Same, Ukraine is where it's at!
Your friendly local Buffett-Bird spy. ^_^
My spy video!
Sekh765

Postby Nocturnefoxx » Fri Apr 23, 2010 12:58 pm

So, I walked away from the Passing feeling pretty meh about it overall. Better than Crash Course, but not terribly memorable. Just another run through another misty town. I'm not much of a VS fan either, so whether or not the level plays well in that mode is a moot point for me. I'm there almost entirely for the co-op.

Personally, my favorite parts of L4D as a series are linked to the environments you explore. Dark Carnival is one of my favorites because every area is atmospheric and stuffed full of things you haven't seen before (holy shit, a carnival! Holy shit, a roller coaster! Holy shit, a Tunnel of Love!). Crash Course is my least favorite because it's just two stages of the same old crap, with the only new thing being the truck at the very end.

The Passing does more for me than CC, but in the end it just doesn't stand out much; without the original Survivors, it would stand out even less.
...but you can call me Emerson.
Nocturnefoxx

Next

Return to News