[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
The Furry Pound forums • View topic - Kicked for that!?!

Kicked for that!?!

Think something's terrific? Think something sucks? Rant and rave here. This is a definite "Keep it civil" area, folks. We will be enforcing common courtesy.

Postby Mister Hoff » Mon Mar 29, 2010 5:38 pm

I was once kicked for the stupidest reason ever. Someone else's incompetence.

I was Medic, everything was going fine on defense, keeping everyone up, popped a few ubercharges, and then a random soldier was on fire, screaming for me to heal them.
I obliged, only to notice they had the equalizer out. Then they began to yell at me over the mic that i wasn't healing them.
I tried to tell them to take it off, having no mic at this point, in text. I was too late, and they died of the fire.

They proceeded to call me a griefer for "playing battlemedic" despite me saying nothing up to this point and ACTUALLY HEALING OTHERS beforehand, only to be considered a terrible medic.
I was kicked for griefing, and simply had a double-take of what happened.

Had they swapped out the equalizer to another weapon, i would've saved them. But no, half of the people who use the weapon don't know that it blocks medic's healing.

And that's my rant.
Your average guy...your average ally.

Expecting a sig? TOO BAD.
BACKPACK TIME.
Mister Hoff

Postby griffin » Thu Apr 01, 2010 4:11 pm

Honestly, I think that there should be an option to disable the "equalizer stops healing" effect of the weapon. In too many situations, during the normal flow of the battle and/or due to my scripts I switch to it out of accident, which doesn't play well with medics healing me and simultaneously dodging incoming projectiles.
But there have to be some drawbacks on that thing I guess, otherwise it's just a pure upgrade.

Oh, and I agree that if things were indeed as you say they were, then it was a bullshit reason to kick someone.
I'm trying to imagine myself with a personality.
griffin

Postby Ziggy » Sun Apr 04, 2010 3:04 am

I got banned from one server and kicked from another by simply making family friendly jokes, CSS and hl2dm (yus, I play it)

Example, some one says 'your mom' I reply with 'your *family member here*' followed by a couple more before 'See? I can name family members, too.'
Ziggy

Postby kodani » Mon Apr 26, 2010 11:09 pm

anytime I open my mouth and say anything about the person berating everyone on the same team and/or on the other team complaining.
kodani

Postby skunkfox » Wed Jun 16, 2010 9:59 am

I got kicked then banned for being the only sniper on the team... and kinda having the top score and most dominations...(I was having a good medication night too) which is abit difficult on a 24p server. But sheesh common sense tells you not to run directly at a sniper when zoomed in unless your playing distraction scout. Not slow ass heavy! The admin kicked me the first time, rejoined and more or less did it again then got banned for 'aim-botting'. I honestly have never laughed so hard in my entire life. What's even funnier is that Admin was the one I was dominating the whole bloody time. Couldn't even figure out I could hear him uncloaking behind me a couple of times. Oy bad players are bad.

SkunkFox
(I still chuckle over it...)
"Peanutty DOOM!" SkunkFox...

Please note I am not sane for sanity is borng...
Plus I'm wearing Python's hide as a belt! >:3
skunkfox

Postby Mr. Munchlax » Thu Jun 17, 2010 8:38 pm

Yeah, even without the DR, the spy decloak sound can be pretty loud if you're too close.
Who do you think you are? Bleeding Action Man?!
Mr. Munchlax

Postby skunkfox » Fri Jun 18, 2010 5:52 am

heh use good quality surround sound headphones with virtual surround mod for tf2 installed, you'd be surprised just how loud that cloak really is then.
"Peanutty DOOM!" SkunkFox...

Please note I am not sane for sanity is borng...
Plus I'm wearing Python's hide as a belt! >:3
skunkfox

Postby Wulfie » Fri Jun 18, 2010 3:27 pm

Wulfie

Previous

Return to Rants & Raves