[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
The Furry Pound forums • View topic - Help me cap this point!

Help me cap this point!

Share an update, post a greeting, thread a meme or roleplay: Anything offtopic in other forums are ontopic here so post it here!

Postby Zhinrak » Mon Mar 29, 2010 6:19 pm

This point being my dissertation >.>

I hope I'm not breaching any of the forum rules by asking this, but i have a questionnaire about game piracy and cheating that i would like to get as many people to do as possible. It is for my final year project, in which I'm researching various aspects of piracy of PC games, and cheating in online situations. Getting peoples opinions on the topic through this survey will be a great help.

Considering i spend such a huge amount of my time on TFP killing/being killed by the people on these forums i thought it would be appropriate to ask here ^.^; and well i have been meaning to get an account here anyways.

http://spreadsheets.google.com/viewform ... b1JDMlE6MA

In terms of this questionnaire, all responses will be completely anonymous and treated as such and will only be used in my dissertation, for anyone who does take the time to answer it i thank you, and will pay you in virtual cookies!

Also random TF2 vid loosely linked to title: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jy0gTIo0vQQ

Cheers muchly.
Zhinrak

Postby Padfox » Mon Mar 29, 2010 6:42 pm

You might want to also consider a free comment section on your page about online cheating. I wanted to write a little about how a large amount of online "cheating" isn't with the intent to be disruptive to other players, but to streamline very time consuming activities which result in eventual rewards.

Examples range from simple diversions from the intent of the game while not altering it (idling, sequence breaking), to moderately alteration the game (map-hacks in Diablo 2, some botting clients), to significant hacks (speed hacks for getting through tough areas, drop hacks).

Not that I'm claiming any of the above to be morally right or wrong, just that the poll seemed to focus on cheating with the intent to be disruptive or gain attention.
Padfox

Postby Zhinrak » Mon Mar 29, 2010 6:46 pm

Ah yes, good point, i have now added a free comment section to that bit (i did intend to but forgot). Ill ask that you don't take it again to avoid duplicate responses, but i will make a note of your comment here, as it is actually a fairly important point that i should acknowledge.
Zhinrak

Postby Deanimaizen » Mon Mar 29, 2010 6:47 pm

I just finished the test.Is very well structured, nice work
Deanimaizen

Postby Sultry Skunk » Tue Mar 30, 2010 12:37 pm

I finished my test.

Did I pass?
Sultry Skunk

Postby Zhinrak » Tue Mar 30, 2010 8:44 pm

Zhinrak

Postby Sekh765 » Tue Mar 30, 2010 10:03 pm

I wrote a response for you.

Do we get to see the results sometime? It seems like it would be a cool thing to see the stats on.
Your friendly local Buffett-Bird spy. ^_^
My spy video!
Sekh765

Postby Sultry Skunk » Sat Apr 03, 2010 1:00 am

Sultry Skunk

Return to Pound Chatter