[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
The Furry Pound forums • View topic - The Passing

The Passing

A place for posting information about the development of Bill's Pills.

Postby Sekh765 » Tue Feb 16, 2010 6:34 pm

He won't drop a medpack jinx. He will drop a medpack, pills, a pipe, ammo for a grenade launcher and a tier 2. This survivor is the ass that hoards all the items then hides in the saferoom, hence why he has no friend infected survivors. >:(
Your friendly local Buffett-Bird spy. ^_^
My spy video!
Sekh765

Postby Nocturnefoxx » Tue Feb 16, 2010 9:15 pm

Meh on the new SI, meh on the new melee weapon, yay on the new machine gun, BOO that you don't actually get to play AS the original Survivors.

Not expecting too much from the L4D1 DLC either. Probably just going to be another 2-map affair that gets the Survivors to the start of The Passing.
...but you can call me Emerson.
Nocturnefoxx

Postby SilverWolf » Tue Feb 16, 2010 10:03 pm

SilverWolf

Postby Arcalane » Tue Feb 16, 2010 11:31 pm

Man, so that explains the randomly combusting pseudo-army-gear zombies I've seen like half a dozen times now. They're exceedingly rare but I've seen them without spawning them via the console.
Arcalane
Huzzah!

Postby Helios » Sat Mar 20, 2010 6:22 pm

And just when you thought Valve couldn't get more sinister...

In a GDC interview with Chet Faliszek, the Saints will only interact with three of the Survivors. In an untitled DLC for L4D1, one of the Survivors will have to sacrifice themselves so that the other three can escape, and continue on to the events of The Passing.

Yes you heard me right. One of the original Survivors dies.

Alas, poor Bill. I knew him well, Francis.
I do not pray for an easy life. I pray to be a stronger bird.
Helios

Postby SilverWolf » Sat Mar 20, 2010 6:51 pm

SilverWolf

Postby Nocturnefoxx » Mon Mar 22, 2010 1:16 pm

I've heard rumors that you choose who dies.

Louis. Every. Goddamn. Time.
...but you can call me Emerson.
Nocturnefoxx

Postby Sekh765 » Mon Mar 22, 2010 2:21 pm

I can pretty much guarantee you that in the L4D1 game you will get to choose who dies, because it wouldn't be fun from a gameplay perspective if you start the campaign and then it's like... "Oh, fuck, I'm zoey. Guess I get to die. AGAIN."

More likely you will get to choose who dies in the L4D1 game, and in the L4D2 game, the person valve has chosen to be dead for storyline purposes will be dead in every game regardless of who might die in the L4D1 games. This lets them give players fun options in L4D1's DLC while telling an interesting story in L4D2.
Your friendly local Buffett-Bird spy. ^_^
My spy video!
Sekh765

Postby Arcalane » Mon Mar 22, 2010 3:25 pm

Arcalane
Huzzah!

Postby Wulfie » Mon Mar 22, 2010 3:40 pm

Wulfie

PreviousNext

Return to News