AvP

Gotta share the love for other fun games? Post about them here!

AvP

Postby Nocturnefoxx » Tue Jan 26, 2010 1:51 pm

So, who's getting it? I have every intention to (assuming my rig can handle the demo well, which it should), and I'm looking forward to eating colonial marine faces. Any other TFP members planning on taking the plunge?
...but you can call me Emerson.
Nocturnefoxx

Postby pablofiasco » Tue Jan 26, 2010 2:07 pm

having played the orginal avp and avp2 on pc, i defeintly WANT to get this one, just dont know if i can afford it X_X
pablofiasco

Postby Gami » Tue Jan 26, 2010 2:16 pm

i love the alien franchise, deffintly would buy it but i've spend a tad much this month already.
mayby that i buy it later, but damn the game looks really interesting =w=
Gami

Postby Nocturnefoxx » Wed Jan 27, 2010 3:47 pm

Yeah, I'm going to wait and pre-order it the day before release - assuming the demo runs well and the reviews aren't abysmal. Between AvP, Mass Effect 2, and BioShock 2, I've got to be a bit careful where my disposable income goes for the next month or two.
Nocturnefoxx

Postby Sekh765 » Wed Jan 27, 2010 4:35 pm

I am already pushing for TFP to try hosting a server for it on release. I think it could be a possible secondary game for us if it is even remotely as fun as the original AVP/AVP2.

I am going to eat all your faces with my acid...face...eating...thing.

EDIT: GAMI YOU GIANT PINK...THING. YOU GET IT OR I'LL HAMMER YOU HARD >:(
Your friendly local Buffett-Bird spy. ^_^
My spy video!
Sekh765

Postby Nocturnefoxx » Wed Feb 03, 2010 8:55 pm

The AvP demo goes live on XBL, PSN, and Steam as of tomorrow. Can't wait to see how this plays (and runs on my rig).
Nocturnefoxx

Postby pablofiasco » Wed Feb 03, 2010 9:50 pm

heres hoping its a multiplayer demo

also, dooo-dee-dooo, ill just leave this here
pablofiasco

Postby Sekh765 » Wed Feb 03, 2010 10:53 pm

If they release dedicated demo tools, I might try and get us a demo server hosted.
My spy video!
Sekh765

Postby Nocturnefoxx » Thu Feb 04, 2010 1:29 pm

So the demo went up early last night. It's multiplayer only (Deathmatch; 8 players), and dedicated server support wasn't up so it was restricted to matchmaking (which sucked).

In terms of gameplay, I really enjoyed it. I only played as an Alien and topped the scoreboards each time, but it's a LOT of fun to play. Running all over, leaping down on motherfuckers...yeah, baby.

The stealth kill system is a bit...easy. Basically get behind someone, press E, get instant kill. The kills are awesome but sometimes it feels a bit cheap.

The game ran surprisingly well. I maxed everything out and ran at 60 FPS solid for awhile, but then it started to drop after about 10 minutes. Haven't tried playing with the settings down yet, but I expect to be able to play at near-max without a problem.

Looking forward to getting home tonight and playing on some dedicated servers...if they're up by then.
Nocturnefoxx

Postby Sekh765 » Thu Feb 04, 2010 2:29 pm

Only thing I hope gets tweaked is the marines weapons need to feel a bit more...punchy. They sorta feel weak. They might not BE weak, but they feel like it. Also, always hated AVP free for all deathmatch, so really want to see the species teamplay :X.

Alien is a blast though, really disorienting though after not playing an avp in so long :X
My spy video!
Sekh765

Next

Return to Alternative Games