[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
The Furry Pound forums • View topic - Pyro flamethrower crits

Pyro flamethrower crits

Don't know how to get out of spawn? HLSS plays sounds really slowly? Or you need a dispenser? Come here!

Postby Echoen » Sat Sep 20, 2008 7:20 am

So, for a long time, I would sometimes get a flamethrower crit animation but it was not a crit, it just made me think it was.

But I've just realized that I have not gotten a single flamethrower crit for a long, long time, though I get the animation and sounds a lot. I've stopped critting with the flamethrower, every time, it is a fake.

What the fuck?
Echoen

Postby NOLSireno » Sat Sep 20, 2008 8:10 am

Do you tend to use the standard flamethrower or the backburner? From my experience, the backburner never crits except in the back. Its description doesn't say "Only crits in the back", but it sure feels like it.

I've seen the regular flamethrower crit for others, but it tends to be rare. Having it crit for me is even rarer. I've had way more shotgun than flamethrower crits, but then I tend to only use the flamethrower briefly then either airblast/shotgun (for the non-slow classes or when staying close is a bad idea) or axtinguisher (which is so fun when it works :D ).

It also might just be that the pyro tends to not do enough damage in a short enough time to get the crit-chance high enough and have the flamethrower crit; or it tends to be a shotgun/axe crit than a flamethrower one. That's just a wild guess, though.
NOLSireno

Postby pablofiasco » Sat Sep 20, 2008 2:49 pm

hmmm...
well.....i almost always play pyro if i can help it, and normally, depending on how im doing in a game, i'll get crit fire between 1 to 3 times a match at most (again, depending on how im doing at the time)
pablofiasco

Postby Purplecat » Sat Sep 20, 2008 3:33 pm

"Fake" crits happens with the Heavy as well. It doesn't happen with classes using projectile weapons at least (Demoman and Soldier).

Been around for awhile really. >_>
Purplecat
Site Admin

Postby Wulfie » Sat Sep 20, 2008 4:15 pm

Wulfie

Postby Dravu » Sun Sep 21, 2008 9:48 am

Spyro is pie!
Dravu

Postby Fernin » Sun Sep 21, 2008 10:05 am

I've only ever gotten crits once or twice with the regular flame thrower. It's a very powerful weapon as is so I think it has a low crit occurrence for balance. Now the engie wrench on the other hand...Crits like 40% of the time... Much to the distress of my fellow spys...
The claims medic gives no anesthetic! 90-days delinquent get you Repo treatment! I’m the mask horror on your street corner, gonna make your momma mourn you, I’m the Night Surgeon!
Fernin

Postby Jinx » Thu Sep 25, 2008 12:43 pm

Considering melee weapons have a higher base crit chance and that sentry kills increase crit chance, that wrench is dangerous! And Echoen are you talking about the backburner or the flamethrower? I've never really had a problem with the backburner, but I can't remember the last time I had a good crit with the flamethrower... I usually get them with the flare gun/shotgun. Something that's very weird though is I once killed a demoman with crits... from a blutsauger. I saw the critical hit text, we both heard the critical hit noises, and he died much much quicker than normal. Was a big WTF moment for both of us.
Jinx

Postby Echoen » Thu Sep 25, 2008 9:35 pm

I got two crits the other night. Flamethrower, NOT backburner. Airblast is too fucking useful to dare ditch for anything else.
Echoen

Postby Fernin » Fri Sep 26, 2008 2:14 pm

The claims medic gives no anesthetic! 90-days delinquent get you Repo treatment! I’m the mask horror on your street corner, gonna make your momma mourn you, I’m the Night Surgeon!
Fernin

Return to Help