[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
The Furry Pound forums • View topic - People that Suck the Fun out of TF2 #27...

People that Suck the Fun out of TF2 #27...

Think something's terrific? Think something sucks? Rant and rave here. This is a definite "Keep it civil" area, folks. We will be enforcing common courtesy.

Postby NikkyVix » Wed Dec 02, 2009 8:30 pm

NikkyVix
Site Admin

Postby Faeon » Wed Dec 02, 2009 9:35 pm

So just how long has Whiny McBabyfur been playing on the TFP servers, and have they ever actually talked to you before or shown any signs of paying attention? If so you may wish to remind them that half the time the very people he's accusing of stacking will gladly help STT should somebody on a thoroughly-trounced team initiate it. Problem is he, and many of the whiny little crabcakes that inhabit TF2 expect the game to be exactly like Quake or Unreal Tournament; fully dependent on the skill of each individual and with little to no strategy involved whatsoever. Everything is even in those games, the only similarity to TF2 are headshots from sniper rifles. The whole reason TF2 (and the original TF I assume) uses a class-based system is to avoid exactly that. You could have a family of military strategists who've never touched an FPS in their lives, and they would likely still be able to devise strategies and traps the likes of which would make our little "stacked" team cry blood. :P

Also YAYFIRST!! c.c
Last edited by Faeon on Wed Dec 02, 2009 9:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Faeon

Postby Pikacha » Wed Dec 02, 2009 9:37 pm

Yaaay, I'm apparently a good player now! -^^- <3

*bouncies*
<3 Enjoy everything. <3
Pikacha

Postby Echoen » Wed Dec 02, 2009 9:57 pm

Is Whiney a regular on the servers? Does Whiney communicate with his team? Does Whiney know about the Scramble The Teams function? Does Whiney attempt to play with his friends instead of play with the accused "Good" players? Does Whiney take knowledge of previous rounds lost (IE - Tons of spies? Pyro time! Tons of sentries? Uber time!) and adjust his play to where it's most helpful to the team?

If Whiney can answer no to any of these, buck up or shut up.

Get with the program. Team Fortress 2 has it all in the name - TEAM. Don't want to play TEAM Fortress 2 and instead play My Fortress 2? Go play Half Life and stop harassing my fellow players. Or better yet - get all your bitchy-whiney friends together and try to do to us what you accuse us of doing to you.

In hindsight that's not such a good idea since you have a purpensoity for bitching more than solving problems. If we get you all together in one place, all your whining is going to suck the fun out of everything.
Echoen

Postby MaskedJackal » Thu Dec 03, 2009 12:39 am

Teams are rarely "stacked" imo. It's just poor communication/coordination that makes it seem like it.
Image◕ ‿ ◕
MaskedJackal

Postby Sekh765 » Thu Dec 03, 2009 6:05 am

I read your quote and thought, "Who is this Baaaws person and why have I never seen them before." Then I realized. >>

To quote ellis. It was funny! Then it just got kinda sad, but then it got funny again!

<-- just plays on whatever team, but enjoys playing with friends if he can get on their team. People need to be chill.
Your friendly local Buffett-Bird spy. ^_^
My spy video!
Sekh765

Postby Purplecat » Thu Dec 03, 2009 9:28 am

People rather blame on teamstacking than poor tactics in this game. I seen teams with five snipers, four spies call me out on teamstacking when they really need to balance their team better...

Stacking in skill happens, but it's not true in 90% of the cases I seen.
Purplecat
Site Admin

Postby Kyle » Thu Dec 03, 2009 1:52 pm

Typically the winning team is the one with the most voice communication, particularly with Medics. It's much harder to organize through text chat, since most people don't even read it. This is probably where the complaints come from - since a lot of the regulars here use voice chat and tend to team up. That, and TF2 tends to give the advantage to whichever team starts winning - what with crit boosts in CTF and such.

A good way to help with this might be to turn alltalk on, or allow voting to turn it on. That way, the quiet team won't always get steamrolled. I find it's generally more fun with alltalk on anyway - it discourages excessive competition which can lead to those complaints about team stacking/lag/autobalance/whatever.
Kyle

Postby Arcalane » Thu Dec 03, 2009 2:01 pm

Arcalane
Huzzah!

Postby Kyle » Thu Dec 03, 2009 2:19 pm

I've seen that in server #5 occasionally, although I think in many cases most of the people with voice are on one team, with maybe one or two people on the other. Plus, you can still mute the annoying people if it gets too noisy.
Kyle

Next

Return to Rants & Raves