[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
The Furry Pound forums • View topic - The Rage, and dealing with it.

The Rage, and dealing with it.

Think something's terrific? Think something sucks? Rant and rave here. This is a definite "Keep it civil" area, folks. We will be enforcing common courtesy.

Postby Ayeaka » Fri Nov 20, 2009 8:47 pm

Frau Chimäre~
The doctor will see you now.
Ayeaka

Postby Dr. Furry » Sat Nov 21, 2009 12:37 am

the extent of my insults would be calling somone im dominating a fail [insert thier calss here], but most of the times it because they earned it. when i'm mad at my teamates, i actually hold back, and give tips on how to improve thier game although sometims the LITTLE PIECES OF TURD JUST AJLEK;ANEKLF.....like one time, one of our snipers against two of thiers, he has hunstman, they have rifles, they have higher ground, and he insists on sniping then with teh huntsman, even though he's gettign buttraped with no lube. i make the suggestino about 3 or 4 times, and even though he's getting his ass handed to him, he refuses to change, now that is a fail sniper
Dr. Furry

Postby unseen » Thu Nov 26, 2009 3:06 am

unseen

Postby CrashFu » Wed Jan 20, 2010 2:47 am

What makes me rage? Hmmm...

It's quite simple, really. Disrespect. These are GAMES. This isn't a war, there's nothing at stake, and so the people you're playing with AND against are not your enemies. They're people willing to play a game with you. To share their time with you and offer you a challenge. That's something you should be grateful for; they deserve your respect.

And disrespect isn't limited to trash talk. You cheat or exploit in any way, be it through outside modification or taking advantage of a bug in the game? You're disrespecting each and every person you're playing with, because you're telling them they aren't worth facing on even grounds. You're telling them that you DESERVE to have an advantage over them all! Well [expletive] YOU too, buddy! And not only the people you're playing WITH, you're also disrespecting the game's developers by saying "You intended for your game to be played this way, but I don't like that, so I'm going to do this instead!" How arrogant and rude of you! As someone deeply passionate about game design, I feel insulted when I see someone disrespecting a game's creators like that. Good game or bad game, the devs don't deserve that. And so, I am DOUBLY insulted by these actions!

When, exactly, did the online world as a whole get it into their heads that the nature of a game was a reason that they SHOULD treat each other so horribly? Seriously, when did that [expletive] start? Let me tell all the trolls out there how the real world works:

I go to the gym and BOX a few times per week. When we get into the ring, we begin every sparring match with a sincere touch of gloves and end it with the gloved equivalent of a high-five. We compliment each other. If we agreed to spar to the body and a fist slips into a jaw, we apologize. Someone gets banged up? We ask if they're okay. We give each other advice on improving our skills. And this particular gym isn't just home to amateurs; I know of several professional [expletive]ing athletes, CHAMPIONS who I personally have stepped into the ring with, and even though they're better than me, they're cool about it. You know what they do when they step into the ring and know the guy they're with can't come close to matching their skills? They tone it down to the opponent's level so that the fight won't be one-sided and boring.

And I expect every [expletive]ing last one of you to embrace that attitude when you're online, be it playing games, chatting in a forum, or leaving comments on an art site. GOT IT!? :evil:
CrashFu

Postby Sultry Skunk » Thu Jan 21, 2010 4:57 am

That God Damn Sword.

THAT GOD DAMN, 20 FOOT LONG, OUTTA NO WHERE, I USED TO SEE 6 A MAP, SWORD!

Oh, and trying to play the much needed Engie and seeing Niko, Maud, or some other player I know plays a mean demo. ;_;

Also, Niko, I saw you on E621. Twice!
Sultry Skunk

Postby NikkyVix » Thu Jan 21, 2010 6:14 am

NikkyVix
Site Admin

Postby Helios » Thu Jan 21, 2010 6:43 am

I do not pray for an easy life. I pray to be a stronger bird.
Helios

Postby Dr. Furry » Thu Jan 21, 2010 1:49 pm

Dr. Furry

Postby NikkyVix » Thu Jan 21, 2010 2:22 pm

NikkyVix
Site Admin

Postby Purplecat » Thu Jan 21, 2010 7:10 pm

Trash Talking is only really fun when both parties are having fun from it, rather than it being about pissing off the other opponent. :/ Plus the massive amount of trash-talking is probably one of the biggest reasons I personally hate Counter-strike (plus the idiocy).

It happens I utter a expletive or two when something dosen't go my way in the game (usually when we have too many of a certain class admittedly, thou I try to be polite about it nowadays :).). But if you're so full of anger that you're nearly punching the monitor or doing nothing other than insulting people, it's probably time for a break.
Purplecat
Site Admin

PreviousNext

Return to Rants & Raves