[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
The Furry Pound forums • View topic - The Rage, and dealing with it.

The Rage, and dealing with it.

Think something's terrific? Think something sucks? Rant and rave here. This is a definite "Keep it civil" area, folks. We will be enforcing common courtesy.

Postby Makaze » Thu Nov 05, 2009 4:21 pm

So. this gets put in the rant and rave area, since the subject matter tend to fall here anyway.

As we all know TF2 is a beast with two heads. It can be very enjoyable, very...stress releiving etc etc. but with that comes a darker side. Like any game where you're put into conflict with an opposing team, be it digital like TF2, counterstrike, or even wow pvp(a big culprit like tf2 as far as subject matter).

That dark side is THE RAAAAGE! *insert dramatic crescendo here*

usually the wise rage quit, despite how stupid I think it is to mock someone for doing so, I see it as wisdom, knowing that soemthing is making you mad, and getting away from it asap to revaluate oneself, calm the fuck down, and maybe go fap to some pron or drink a 40, whatever.

So I'm wondering, given I'm apparently well know for said thing. What makes you rage specifically in TF2, like to the point of wanting to strangle whoever you can reach in front of their soon to be orphaned loved ones? More importantly what do you do to handle it after the moment of clarity that is often mocked as rage quit? As well as why rage quit is so lulz worthy to some of the masses here. Remeber stick to TF2 specifically, please no personal attacks, this is supposed to be enlightening, therepuetic gents and lasses and those in between.

Me? Personally what makes me rage most is disrespect from either side, yes I'm guilty of it at, but I'm working on it as usualy what triggers it is that sarcasm and such I so hate, mirror image and all that.

But it pisses me off when I see a team get steam rolled, and the winning team feels it is its god given right to shout all kinds of fucked up shit to another team, despite that teams efforts, despite how hard core they fought despite not having "good" players etc. I see no reason for it, same with humiliation mode/domination its like sayin hahaha you suck. Or worse when its very obvious and admitted by one team that yeah this isn't fair, but no one stts or tries to plan for next round.

Or the analogy I like using comparing it to when i play football. It's like playing a good 4 quarters, losing, and the officials giving the other team full rights to all manner of unsportsman like conduct, up to burning down your house, shitting on your sister and pissing in your grandmothers urn.

I do rage quit, but what I usually end up doing it chilling, talking to someone, etc etc, its that whole cool down period, then after maybe 10 minutes, hop back on, apologize, remind myself its a game and all that bullshit, regardless of what the hardcore types may think, or preach only to treat it like winning at any cost is all that matters, fuck that bitch on the other side.

Bleh sorry tangent, so anyway, what hits your buttons grinds your wang etc, enough to make ya back off for a bit, and what do you do to cool down eh?

Makaze

Postby Purplecat » Thu Nov 05, 2009 5:01 pm

Being in a team that dosen't even "try".

You know, the kind of team with four snipers, three spies, two scouts and three pyros. No medics, demomen or soldiers in sight. Of all class stereotypes, the "Weighted Companion Sniper" pisses me off the most as well, especially when there's several of those on our team.

I usually try to ask people to respect class balance and switching to classes we need more of, but if people don't listen... it's just not worth the frustation to keep playing. :P It's better to ragequit than exploding all over after all.

Nothing wrong with quitting, although I try to be nice and wait until the end of a map (or round if i'm in a hurry) so teambalance isn't out of whack. I hate when five people ragequit at once, and the teams are 4 vs 9. :/
Purplecat
Site Admin

Postby Makaze » Thu Nov 05, 2009 7:13 pm

Makaze

Postby Amethyst_Lynx » Fri Nov 06, 2009 12:18 am

I can handle being steamrolled nonstop for a map or two, and I can handle the other team taunting you after loosing a round (actually, there's normally so much mic spam after a round is over that I can't even make out what they're saying), but it's when you're trying, and there's some asshat on your team who goes out of the way to insult everything you're doing, that makes me want to quit.
Amethyst_Lynx

Postby Chronos » Fri Nov 06, 2009 2:02 am

People who Rage scream about anything.

If I go into a game with one person in it and were fooling around and next thing I know there's a full server and everyone's getting pissed because I still want spy snipe.

So next thing i know everyone's saying i suck and screaming for me to play spy the Right way.

as if it matters anyway. :lol:

So now i'm all RAGE! :evil:
Chronos

Postby Dr. Furry » Sat Nov 07, 2009 2:03 am

i find myself rarely raging in tf2, weather im winning or loosing. the only time i genuinely get annoyed would be at mic spammers, which can be dealt with easily. otherwise, i only get peeved when my team , as mentioned above, doesn't even try. they build up on last point, and defend that, at the first 10 seconds o f teh round, and let all the other points get capped
Dr. Furry

Postby Gamer Wolf » Thu Nov 19, 2009 10:44 pm

I'm with Aliure on the being on a team that doesn't try. I always try to push forward and make some sort of a head way if I'm not having to play a defensive role, but if I'm pretty much the only one that's trying to do something, it irritates me. Another thing I can't stand are people who think they're so good that they have the right to insult the players on the other team. I've ran into quite a few of those kinds of people on servers and to hear that cocky attitude just pisses me off.
Gamer Wolf

Postby Ayeaka » Fri Nov 20, 2009 10:17 am

Fffffff.

1. Lag. Nothing angers me more than repeatedly dying only to find out none of my shots connected, due to blood being client-side. ESPECIALLY WHEN I KNOW THE LAG ISN'T MY FAULT.
2. Teammates fucking me over. This happens a lot. I go spy, because our team doesn't have one. I try to infiltrate the enemy base, to take their shit out. Immediately, every scout and pyro on my team seems to think they need to rapidly attack and then stand on top of me, so that I die. Upon respawning, I get "lawl fail spy," when it's their fucking fault, not mine.
3. Hackers. I don't care whether the hack makes them decent or not. Hacking by nature infuriates me.
4. Sheep. Why did I put this there? Let's say I go spy one round. I make top MVP, maybe, because I'm having a good day. The next round, we have four spies. I go Heavy. MVP. Next round, six heavies. This also ties in with the "if one person bitches at someone, everyone should attack that person." mentality. Winning/Losing doesn't bother me. I don't care. If, however, I go "lolhaxwow," which I've said jokingly of friends domming me before, (AZN, looking at you, I believe. Wasn't it you that I goofed with as spy? I know a spy on the enemy team and I were going LOLOL U HAX LAWLAWL back and forth at each other every time one of us got a good kill streak. xD ) and the entire team sees fit to chime in after one person calls me a worthless whiner over me JOKING, well, then. And it's not even me. I see the same fucking mentality constantly on these servers. One person says something, ONE person makes fun of them, and suddenly the entire god-damned server is doing everything in their power to rip that poor person a new one.
5. Assholes. Now, I can be a bitch sometimes. I'm sure the same can be said of any man woman or intersexed five hundred pound moth man to be born. But even if our team is losing, that does NOT give you the right to pick one player on the team, and accuse them of being the reason you're losing. No, I'm not talking about people attacking me. I'm talking about instances such as one player trying to go sniper when we don't have any, (or to practice,) only to be yelled at by the ENTIRE TEAM, and blamed for their loss, just because they're not doing OMFG amazing. Yeah, if we have five snipers or something, someone needs to switch. But if we only have 2-3 snipers on a good sniping map, and good class balance otherwise, LEAVE THEM THE FUCK ALONE.

It seems like a long list, but to be honest... it really isn't. Notice again, I didn't put anything about team stacking, losing, or being dominated. Those don't anger me at all. If someone is honest-to-God doing better than me, well, dammit, I just hafta get better than them if I want revenge, now don't I?

So, what I guess it boils down to, is the game and its actual play mechanics don't make me rage at all (Mostly. Lag doesn't fit here, of course.).

A good number of players, however, do.
Ayeaka

Postby Dr. Furry » Fri Nov 20, 2009 2:13 pm

the talking down the other team, thats trash talk. mentality is half the battle
Dr. Furry

Postby Sekh765 » Fri Nov 20, 2009 4:36 pm

Your friendly local Buffett-Bird spy. ^_^
My spy video!
Sekh765

Next

Return to Rants & Raves