[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
The Furry Pound forums • View topic - Suggestions for the community

Suggestions for the community

Share an update, post a greeting, thread a meme or roleplay: Anything offtopic in other forums are ontopic here so post it here!

Postby Twilight » Sat Nov 14, 2009 11:03 am

What about a !flag command that would flag the user's Steam ID and Nickname, and send it to an admin/mod along with a demo of what they were doing at the time they were flagged? In addition, it wouldn't show up in chat. You could also include a reason such as:
!flag *person/steam ID* *reason*
Without the asterisks, of course.
Twilight

Postby Dr. Furry » Sat Nov 14, 2009 3:50 pm

the demo part looks complex, but i think the script for sourcmod of flagging looks feasable
Dr. Furry

Postby SilverWolf » Sat Nov 14, 2009 10:17 pm

I wouldn't think it's possible to send a demo through a command while in-game, since the demo is supposedly still running/recording, what it can do (and I could probably script something like this sometime) would be to let players issue that command with the userid/steamid and the reason, logging it into a seperate file along with a timestamp.

This, mixed with having a SourceTV recording the matches on some of the servers would let the admin check the proper demo and see it for himself, though I can see this becoming...somewhat complicated, since the demos are normally big considering the length of the matches and it would prolly need a weekly/monthly "cleanup".
SilverWolf

Postby Twilight » Wed Nov 18, 2009 6:07 pm

It is the mods/admins responsibility to upkeep the servers. However earlier it was horrible as their were 2 people with aimbots and no Admins on, that were on my list since Witchie deleted me when I was gone for like a month. I think the one guy had a wallhack too. And it's beyond me why you would use a aimbot with huntsman, but this isn't the place for this.

Mainly: A !flag command so that the SourceTV would record the player flagged for the duration of the match, with his Steam ID, and would notify a Mod/Admin to check the demo of the player for further investigation. Doesn't sound too hard to me, but of course I don't have experience in this field.
Twilight

Postby Jinx » Thu Nov 19, 2009 3:05 pm

Jinx

Postby Sekh765 » Thu Nov 19, 2009 11:52 pm

Your friendly local Buffett-Bird spy. ^_^
My spy video!
Sekh765

Postby SilverWolf » Fri Nov 20, 2009 11:41 am

SilverWolf

Postby Dr. Furry » Fri Nov 20, 2009 2:15 pm

Dr. Furry

Postby SilverWolf » Fri Nov 20, 2009 2:55 pm

ah yes I forgot, SourceBans, though I was suggesting something more customized :P

also: http://www.sourcebans.net/manual#webpanel_bans thanks for reminding me of this addon Dr. Furry.
SilverWolf

Postby RoboCop » Mon Feb 22, 2010 9:26 pm

My suggestion would be to have those IRC channels by QuakeNet. Maybe have those mIRC bot for admins to know if policing is needed to kick or ban those trolls and antifurries. I mean they do make you mad and tend to give you a hell of a mood swing. :evil: IRC doesn't need costing charges nor use much bandwidth. But that would be not useful for public chats which I think is why the TFP Steam chat is here for, but for a private admin IRC channels with those mIRC bots that monitor the servers would provide a strong organisation.
[APG] Franchise Holder - UK-TF Admin
RoboCop

PreviousNext

Return to Pound Chatter