[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
The Furry Pound forums • View topic - July '09 Maptest

July '09 Maptest

For TFP server admins to post news or information related to the game servers.

Postby Jinx » Mon Sep 07, 2009 3:59 pm

The rest of the maptest maps have been uploaded as well as a few others. The current mapcycle can be found here.
Jinx

Postby Stormcaller3801 » Tue Sep 29, 2009 10:46 pm

TF2Maps.net has just announced Meridian_RC3 has been released. I'm saying that here as there's no 'map updated' thread, and as I'm fairly sure Meridian is on the servers, you all might want to update it.
Stormcaller3801

Postby Ayeaka » Tue Sep 29, 2009 11:21 pm

Though, that gives me another thought.

We seem to typically just update our maps wordlessly.

...why not 'test' the updates first, to see if people actually prefer them to the old map versions?
Frau Chimäre~
The doctor will see you now.
Ayeaka

Postby Stormcaller3801 » Wed Sep 30, 2009 12:10 am

I imagine that could lead to a whole lot of testing. And paperwork ("When did we add this new version in?"), and in some extreme cases, you could end up testing version 2.51, version 2.52, and version 2.53 at the same time.
Stormcaller3801

Postby Sekh765 » Wed Sep 30, 2009 1:02 am

Your friendly local Buffett-Bird spy. ^_^
My spy video!
Sekh765

Postby Ayeaka » Wed Sep 30, 2009 2:00 am

Then in the least, could the new map be run through by a single person or something before being put up?

Some maps DO get changed dramatically, and in those situations, the new changes SHOULD be tested.
IE, when a stage in a map no longer looks like itself.
...and we've lost a map due to people hating the new version before. FFFF, we had it a year ago, can't remember the name.

and you CAN'T say that DBheights was..barely changed.

Fixes, etc, don't need texting, but if it looks like a map has been changed dramatically, could that possibility perhaps still be kept in mind?
Frau Chimäre~
The doctor will see you now.
Ayeaka

Postby Sekh765 » Wed Sep 30, 2009 3:59 am

Db_heights is the only map I have ever seen have such a drastic change to it, and after playing it, I find that all the changes make the map a superior version to the previous one.

Aaaaaaanyways. If a map DOES get changed in some ridiculous way that actually ends up breaking it/making it a map people don't want to play anymore, they can get removed after a bit, much like ctf_dirtwork was before it. If you have any complaints on that regard, or want to continue this discussion, lets move it to

http://www.hiddendisguises.com/Forums/v ... 78&start=0

since this thread should probably die and we have this nice other one :P
Your friendly local Buffett-Bird spy. ^_^
My spy video!
Sekh765

Previous

Return to Server News Rules & Announcements