[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
The Furry Pound forums • View topic - Suggestions for the community

Suggestions for the community

Share an update, post a greeting, thread a meme or roleplay: Anything offtopic in other forums are ontopic here so post it here!

Postby Sekh765 » Tue Aug 25, 2009 10:37 pm

Your friendly local Buffett-Bird spy. ^_^
My spy video!
Sekh765

Postby Arcalane » Tue Aug 25, 2009 11:54 pm

Arcalane
Huzzah!

Postby Ayeaka » Wed Aug 26, 2009 1:18 am

Ah...

'course, urk, I still don't see any solution to the problems at present other than more mods.. You guys all have lives, and since we've got so many timezones here, there's a lot of points none of you can be active... which means LOTS of drama to sift through later, agh.

And THERE, the problem lies in getting people that are trusted.

x_x The community's gotten soooooo big now... and most of'm don't even know the names of our most active mods and admins. :/
Frau Chimäre~
The doctor will see you now.
Ayeaka

Postby Twilight » Thu Aug 27, 2009 6:02 am

Kick and mute are pretty much all they need. Bans take more time to decide
Twilight

Postby Ayeaka » Fri Aug 28, 2009 12:19 am

Mhmm.
Frau Chimäre~
The doctor will see you now.
Ayeaka

Postby McFuzzButt » Sat Aug 29, 2009 11:05 pm

I agree with pablos ideas but you got to be careful on who they give it too :x

And mabey a vanilla server? That be pretty cool mabey a TFP tournement or a compition just for fun and laughs.
McFuzzButt

Postby Zareth » Sun Aug 30, 2009 12:56 am

Is there any chance of there being a nocrit/no spread/no random damage (fall dmg, etc) server? Or will I have to find somewhere else for these types ><? Not really a complaint or anything, but I and a few others I know would kinda like a nocrit kinda server =p (its probably a farfetched idea, but eh :p worth trying to throw out there)
Zareth

Postby Dr. Furry » Wed Nov 11, 2009 1:53 am

due to the increase of trolls, can i suggest the !mute !kick !ban for when admins are not available?
Dr. Furry

Postby Sivren » Wed Nov 11, 2009 5:29 pm

Sivren

Postby Sekh765 » Wed Nov 11, 2009 5:53 pm

We have thought about throwing in votekick before, but the general conclusion was it would cause more harm than good. My post near the bottom is a general description of why we don't use it, although you'll have to wade through the large amounts of rage/refusal to read from people to get to it.

viewtopic.php?f=10&t=1473&start=20

In general, people like to abuse it, and as it stands there's no real way for us to prevent people from just starting votekicks to boot people they don't like/are convinced are hacking. It would be nice if we could trust the servers with these commands, and most of our players wouldn't abuse them, but there's enough people out there that would that we don't want our regulars getting griefed by votes. We are looking into new ways to help out with the problems that people are experiencing, but I believe it will be something more efficient then votekick, sorry boys! :P
Your friendly local Buffett-Bird spy. ^_^
My spy video!
Sekh765

PreviousNext

Return to Pound Chatter