Good Anthro art tutorials?

For artisans and art-fans alike to post what they want to show off. May contain material for mature audiences.

Postby Hydrax » Sat Mar 02, 2013 12:48 pm

Does anyone know where I can find some good Anthro art tutorials?
I am thinking about getting into the whole art thing, after taking a term of art class in school I think it might be fun to have a go at.
Any help or even constructive criticism would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance
-Hydrax
Boom... Headshot
"Do not feat the Dragons... Fear their Kin."
Hydrax

Postby Sicmendor » Sat Mar 02, 2013 4:32 pm

The first thing that comes to mind is Figure Drawing For All It's Worth by Andrew Loomis, which you can find here between other of his books: http://www.alexhays.com/loomis/

If you want to aim to do good anthro bodies, you should aim to learn anathomy: how the bones are composed, how these move, the composition of the muscles, how does these expand and contract, etc. Every anthro body, no matter if its realistic or hyper, is always based of the human body.

I don't draw very good myself yet, however, other artists can help you better with this ^^.
Sicmendor

Postby Sarki » Wed Mar 06, 2013 2:58 am

Going straight for anthro tutorials is sort of an awkward approach to doing furry art. Draw humans, draw animals, then have fun mixing both of them however you'd like once you are comfortable on how their anatomy works and behaves.

I'd really, really recommend you to take a life drawing class if you can (working off nude models is probably the fastest way to learn it).

Good Luck :3
Sarki

Return to Art Alley