what im working on....

For artisans and art-fans alike to post what they want to show off. May contain material for mature audiences.

Postby pablofiasco » Mon Aug 03, 2009 1:14 pm

this is a very, very, very rough plan of something pablo is making:

edit: might have gotten cutt off slightly X_X

anyway, its for a 1/1 scaled Chainsword, of warhammer 40k origion,
Current plan is to make it in layers, the one with the Teeth is the middle, whille the other shown thrre is basically top/bottom,
the red sections are the "cut here" lines, with the middle secion, where the grip is, has a a bit more cut out to allow a tube to be placed to act as a grip.

Not shown: engine housing, exterior "decorations", etc

any ideas or suggestions, improvemnts, etc?
pablofiasco

Postby Stormcaller3801 » Mon Aug 03, 2009 1:33 pm

Well, if I remember my chainswords right, the rounded corner is supposed to be on the exposed side, rather than the back of the 'blade.'

Pic 1
Pic 2

Both large images, very large. But they should give you an idea as to the basic guard design and so on. The motor seems to be more variable in design, with the most recent versions having more ornate arrangements of exhausts and so on.
Stormcaller3801

Postby pablofiasco » Mon Aug 03, 2009 2:21 pm

you are correct there :) but im taking a small hit from the creative license hookha (and i also cant do the teeth on a curve cutting and make it look "natural")
pablofiasco

Postby pablofiasco » Mon Aug 03, 2009 3:28 pm

yeah more crapy mspaint!

heres a rough idea, of how i might do the teeth in a future, or "production" prop:

http://www.urbandecayonline.com/costume/tooth.bmp

two differnt Ideas, with teh teeth seperate from the body of teh blade itself,
the one onthe left, maybe remove the one peg, and just screw threw the "block" part into teh blade body, then the next tooth down covers up the screw, etc,

the other on teh right is more straightforward, have matching holes in teh sword, and glue the suckers down,

either way, i could have a variety in the teeth designs (small, long, Spacewolf style, chaos, broken, etc)
pablofiasco

Return to Art Alley