No Idea If This Counts - But Here's What I Paint.

For artisans and art-fans alike to post what they want to show off. May contain material for mature audiences.

Postby Stormcaller3801 » Mon Jul 13, 2009 2:19 pm

Stormcaller3801

Postby pablofiasco » Mon Jul 13, 2009 3:00 pm

/me damandsa source of those mini-starships
i really dig the design, nice paintjob on them as well, looks fairly crisp and neat, and not tones i see to often on starship miniatures

the marines are decent to, although id suggest:A) slightly thinner paints, and B) some for of either blacklining, or slightly more dramtic highlighting

and that warmachine jack is just gorgous
pablofiasco

Postby Stormcaller3801 » Mon Jul 13, 2009 3:16 pm

The white areas on the Marines have been giving me fits, but it's also worth noting there's about... six layers of highlighting there. It just kind of bled out in the photos. For some reason the paint either has no coverage or thickens up far too quickly, with no middle ground. I'm trying to solve the problem before I go to work on the Rhino I have.

As for the ships, those are the Jun-ila from Ninja Magic's With Hostile Intent game. Which is still being written.
Stormcaller3801

Postby pablofiasco » Mon Jul 13, 2009 3:28 pm

what (color) are you using as a primer?

one semi-decent way ive found to do "white", is black basecoat (crazy i know), then vomit brown, drybrush graveyard earth, then a coat or 3 of white

give a very nice white coat, not pure crisp white, but a nice white
pablofiasco

Postby Stormcaller3801 » Mon Jul 13, 2009 4:06 pm

White primer, followed up with Frostbite, then a wash of Frostbite mixed with Greatcoat Grey, then several layers of Frostbite mixed with Morrow White, working up to a pure Morrow White.
Stormcaller3801

Return to Art Alley