[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
The Furry Pound forums • View topic - FPS Fail...Help? Whelp?

FPS Fail...Help? Whelp?

Don't know how to get out of spawn? HLSS plays sounds really slowly? Or you need a dispenser? Come here!

Postby Marshtomp » Thu May 14, 2009 6:29 pm

I dont think many people care but,

The reason i havent been playing TF2 or L4d IS BECAUSE ive been getting really horrible FPS fails.

I dont understand why, my comp has a dual processor and a decent 3D engine...thing... All my other games work fine. But when i play Valve games they go out into this amazingly horrible Fps rate below 10 and sometimes at 3.

I took some one elses advice and changed the material settings and then the game worked super smoothly. The next day however, it got slower and slower.

Please help! This game was working perfectly when i first got this laptop but now its being mean to me.
Last edited by NikkyVix on Sun May 17, 2009 12:06 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Nudged to the Help forum.

Marshtomp

Postby DrJones » Sat May 16, 2009 11:42 pm

I suggest you run the games windowed and open the Task Manager next to them. Look in the Processed tab and sort by CPU usage. This way, you can see what is potentially eating up CPU time and slowing down your Valve games.
-Jonesy
Steam: DrJones
Live: Bloobunni
FA and LJ: jonesybunny
DrJones

Postby Purplecat » Sun May 17, 2009 12:09 am

Make sure you also check memory usage while you're at it, and listen on your HD/look at your HD lamp and see if it's being active. Could be constant swapping, although the game have a tendency to freeze up a bit instead of this was the case.
Purplecat
Site Admin

Postby Nocturnefoxx » Fri May 29, 2009 2:33 pm

I've got similar issues, Marsh. I play UTIII on near-high with 60FPS, but Source games choke.

Google "Gamebooster". It's a program that closes all unnecessary programs, cleans the RAM, and performs some CPU tweaks to help optimize gaming. I've found that it can help a bit with Source stuff.
...but you can call me Emerson.
Nocturnefoxx

Postby iller » Sat May 30, 2009 1:06 am

I'm wondering if this doesn't have something to do with Mat_Que_Mode...

I've got a Dual-Processor computer too and In the last Patch, and this latest Update, I've noticed performance changes.
Anyone with Duals will likely be affected either positively or negatively depending on their Chipset probably.
iller

Postby Marshtomp » Sun May 31, 2009 1:26 am

Marshtomp

Return to Help