TF2 gremlins

Don't know how to get out of spawn? HLSS plays sounds really slowly? Or you need a dispenser? Come here!

Postby RumRunner » Thu Aug 21, 2008 4:39 am

ever since the seemingly insignificant patch today (the 20th) i have been unable to play TF2. every time i start the game it starts loading the main menu and as soon as it would normally be done the game closes out as if quit had been clicked with no warning, no menu, and no error messages.

HL2, ZM, and PVK all work perfectly fine. however apparently in that seemingly insignificant patch the fucked up TF2 so that i cannot play it for now. this has me rather pissed off. so now i will be unable to play until valve fixes their fuck up so i can play again, which i am most certainly not going to hold my breath on. and yes i have submitted a support request thing informing them of the problem and what i have done to try and fix it.

here is a list of the things i have done: restarted computer at least 3 times, restarted steam 8 times beyond the restarts caused by restarting the computer, verified that none of the files were corrupt, uninstalled and reinstalled TF2, and did a partial system restore; i have ruled out hardware malfunctions such as the f10 key getting fried bring responsible and the system restore would have taken care of any software problems seeing as how i was PLAYING IT YESTERDAY!!

none of these have worked so until valve fixes it i am left TF2-less.
Don't worry! There will be strippers at your funeral!
RumRunner

Postby Purplecat » Thu Aug 21, 2008 5:37 am

You're hardly alone with this issue...

Strangely though, issues were introduced for most people with the heavy patch though. >_>
Purplecat
Site Admin

Postby RumRunner » Thu Aug 21, 2008 3:19 pm

it appears most of them are getting a message of some sort i am not.
RumRunner

Postby RumRunner » Fri Aug 22, 2008 2:21 am

yays they fixed it!
RumRunner

Postby Cpt. Nuke » Fri Aug 22, 2008 3:01 am

I kept getting alt+tabbed by steam.

Free weekends. ........
Cpt. Nuke

Postby Purplecat » Fri Aug 22, 2008 3:33 am

At least they finally added a way to have fullscreen without it minimizing itself.

Windowed + -noborder + Desktop resolution = fake fullscreen that doesn't minimize itself when losing focus <3

(I run Dual monitor setup...)
Purplecat
Site Admin

Postby Cpt. Nuke » Fri Aug 22, 2008 11:58 pm

Not having this problem anymore.
Cpt. Nuke

Return to Help