[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
The Furry Pound forums • View topic - Scores and Rankings Changing

Scores and Rankings Changing

Don't know how to get out of spawn? HLSS plays sounds really slowly? Or you need a dispenser? Come here!

Postby Relee » Fri Feb 27, 2009 11:07 am

I'm kind of an amatur at Team Fortress 2. I pick it up when I'm in the mood and ignore it at other times. I've been playing a lot more in the last month though, and since I've been playing on the Furry Pound servers I thought this would be a good place to ask:

Why do my listed scores keep changing?

When a new map is loading, it shows a bar graph of the most points I've had in each class, and the amount of time I've spent playing that class. This information is available in a few other places, too. But the thing is, it keeps going down! I've been improving a lot and I was really excited that all of my classes, even Spy and Medic, had at least seven points as my best score, but then I saw Scout and Soldier go down below that. I got Soldier up again, and Scout too, but now Scout has gone all the way down to five points!

I'm not sure how, but my Heavy score has gone up to 33. I don't remember ever doing that well, but it might be real.

Does anybody know what's up with this?

Also I think I got an achievement the other day that I already had. If it's loosing score information it might also be loosing achievement information. Is this normal?
Relee

Postby Jinx » Fri Feb 27, 2009 6:15 pm

No, that's not normal. I'm not sure why you'd see your stats going down, but if the steam servers are down or the game server you're playing on can't make a connection to the steam servers then your stats won't be updated even though it might tell you in game you did better than your previous best. Achievements work the same way, so if you get one while the servers are down it won't actually save it. A good way to check and see if you've got a connection to the steam servers is if you're connected to steam friends; if it shows you as offline or down for maintenance then you can still play but nothing will be saved.
Jinx

Postby DrJones » Fri Feb 27, 2009 10:37 pm

Are you sure they're going down?

The graph bars might also just be adjusting to cope for total-time played and thusly shrink visually but still match the times they're supposed to be showing.
-Jonesy
Steam: DrJones
Live: Bloobunni
FA and LJ: jonesybunny
DrJones

Postby Cryptic » Fri Feb 27, 2009 11:10 pm

yanno i had this same problem a while ago, i kept loosing my pyro and sniper scores. it fixed itself over time for me so i dont know what to tell ya. its probably what jinx was talking about though, the steam servers have been coming down alot lately and i figure that'd cause it.
Cryptic

Postby Relee » Sat Feb 28, 2009 5:00 am

Relee

Postby Purplecat » Sat Feb 28, 2009 4:10 pm

Stats are kept track of both online and offline.

Possible you broke some record that was kept track of clientside, but not on Steam's own servers. And when it resynced with the steam servers, it went down again.
Purplecat
Site Admin

Return to Help