Terrible Lagspikes

Don't know how to get out of spawn? HLSS plays sounds really slowly? Or you need a dispenser? Come here!

Postby Bio » Thu Feb 26, 2009 10:16 pm

After the scout update, I've had lag spikes on the servers, most of them being over 10 seconds, if not worse. Has anyone else been having this problem?

Edit: Ergh, posted this on the wrong forums.
AKA SiRK/Felsirk

Bio

Postby Dravu » Tue Mar 03, 2009 8:20 pm

I have as well. Ever since the scout update, my fps has dropped dramatically. I used to always be around 50 - 90fps. Now I tend to stay around 15 - 50
Spyro is pie!
Dravu

Postby Purplecat » Tue Mar 03, 2009 8:32 pm

Check this post it might help, however I doubt it as it's not for fixing long lagspikes. I had a few myself on random Source servers (just not TFP TF2 servers) a few days ago, but the problem resolved on it's own (probably was a ISP problem).

Also I'm moving this to the correct forum.
Purplecat
Site Admin

Postby Bio » Sun Apr 12, 2009 6:49 pm

A whole goddamn month this has been happening to me. At first, I thought it was my router, but it seems that even with a new one it still lags like hell. I've tried just about everything, from rate changing to formatting to defragmenting to reinstalling TF2. Nothing's going to work for me. I feel like I'm at my last resort. Maybe I should just stop playing source games online. Oh, did I mention this is happening on L4D too?

I uploaded a demo onto Rapidshare just in case anyone wants to see what it's like for me. It's not exact to what I see when playing it, but it's quite similar.
AKA SiRK/Felsirk

Bio

Postby STrRedWolf » Mon Apr 13, 2009 11:33 pm

Check your Steam settings again. I got those lag spikes, before I checked them... and it turns out they reset my 2mbit setting back down to dialup!
Steam on Linux Native: "PENGUIN TOUCH MY GUN!" "THAT PENGUIN IS A SPY!"
"This is going to be a real piece of piss, you bloody Steam Linux player!"
STrRedWolf

Return to Help