[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
The Furry Pound forums • View topic - Sniper training: Leading your Target and much more

Sniper training: Leading your Target and much more

Don't know how to get out of spawn? HLSS plays sounds really slowly? Or you need a dispenser? Come here!

Postby Witchiebunny » Tue Aug 19, 2008 1:19 pm

This week I'm thinking (with help from our resident snipers Elixer, Triple-train'd-excuse me, Strider, Helios and Redeye if they so desire) that we could do some sniper training.

Sniper is something of a more advanced class and the training would be both for those who play sniper/want to learn to play sniper and those who often play with snipers. In other words, how to play snipers and how to support them as well.

These are set for this upcomming Friday and Saturday, the 22nd and 23rd and as usual after 2:00 pm MST I'll be on the EU servers, giving advice, tutorials and yes, serving as bait if need be.

If you're interested, you're welcome to come by and give tips or even participate and learn a few things. See you there!
Witchiebunny

Postby Arcalane » Tue Aug 19, 2008 4:30 pm

I am also quite a competant sniper (as many have learnt the hard way when neither team had snipers before...), although I rarely get to make use of this as I'm more suited to longer-ranged sniping than the kind of sniping you might find on 2fort. Goldrush and Dustbowl are my favourite maps for sniping on - defensively or offensively. :)

It's funny watching how fast people learn to keep their heads down when you start sniping.

I know some rather nice sniping spots on goldrush particularly; one I learnt from Doom (it's rather hard to get to, though, and very exposed, but you have a very very nice view and a decent angle of protection against enemy snipers as well as being in a position that is hard for spies to reach without giving themselves away), and another from someone else who I've forgotten the name of.
Arcalane
Huzzah!

Postby NikkyVix » Tue Aug 19, 2008 6:44 pm

...And I will be providing jeering and drunken heckling from behind a mesh fence... ಠ_ಠ
NikkyVix
Site Admin

Postby Witchiebunny » Tue Aug 19, 2008 6:56 pm

Or, you know, you could show us how demovixens take out snipers. ;)
Witchiebunny

Postby Helios » Tue Aug 19, 2008 7:21 pm

How about I show how sniperburds blow off the heads of Demovixens...both of em X>

And yay sniper training should be fun <3 hopefully my con won't lag too bad on the damn thing @v@
I do not pray for an easy life. I pray to be a stronger bird.
Helios

Postby Tazel » Tue Aug 19, 2008 8:15 pm

Sounds like fun. I'm finding that despite being a more difficult class, I'm enjoying the sniping ability. To see 'Critical hit' at such a distance - s' a bootyful thing.

I'll try to be there if I can!
*** When it comes to vixentaurs, I'm a stretch limo, baby. ^_^ ***
Tazel

Postby RumRunner » Tue Aug 19, 2008 8:30 pm

Don't worry! There will be strippers at your funeral!
RumRunner

Postby Witchiebunny » Tue Aug 19, 2008 8:36 pm

Don't worry Tazel, we'll be discussing "Area Awareness" this weekend.
Witchiebunny

Postby RumRunner » Tue Aug 19, 2008 8:53 pm

Don't worry! There will be strippers at your funeral!
RumRunner

Postby Tazel » Tue Aug 19, 2008 10:07 pm

*** When it comes to vixentaurs, I'm a stretch limo, baby. ^_^ ***
Tazel

Next

Return to Help