[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
The Furry Pound forums • View topic - Required knowledge on playing ______

Required knowledge on playing ______

Don't know how to get out of spawn? HLSS plays sounds really slowly? Or you need a dispenser? Come here!

Postby EuroVen » Thu Jan 29, 2009 4:42 pm

EuroVen

Postby Taross » Mon Feb 02, 2009 2:34 pm

Taross

Postby A.M.Zinthos! » Tue Feb 03, 2009 6:35 pm

Spies taking tele for uncloaking-ninja-caps are NECESSAIRY!
A.M.Zinthos!

Postby Lorax12 » Mon Feb 09, 2009 3:58 pm

a little more for scout:
as a scout your mobilty are your best advantages over most classes, use your speed to go around them, or come up from behind, scouts are good for picking off straglers or classes that are looking the other direction, how ever as a scout it helps a lot to know the were the shortcuts and long routes on a map so you can try to take the best one to get around and flank them, this applys to pyros and spies as well who also execle at flanking, also when you charge a class from the back hit them with a shot or two then circle around them before they turn around and hit them that should finsh them off, if you are charging a pyro it is best to stay at meduim range and hit him with your pistol or scatter gun, if you get lit might want to back off the persuit and heal also if you see a heavy with a natasha it is best to not go that way or wait till he is dead because there is a strong chance that you will get killed. as a scout you are WEAK to sentrys and any thing that is smart enough to stay out of range and hit you when you are running away, also please note that when you see a sniper there is a chance he is a good one ( most likly when you play on the TFP servers :P ).

and the heavy:
(not much else to point out)
as a heavy you are most effective with a medic or staying near a health source, it also helps to have a path in your head of were you might want to go and ambush or keep a eye on, as a heavy spies will be drawn to you so it is best to check for them and watch your back, if you see a sniper it is best to AVOID him (at long range), when you run in to a pyro and he hasnt charged you yet it is best to take advantage of the opertunity and spin up. if you see another heavy and he sees you and has spun up try to eathier shoot him back if you spun up already or get behinde another corner and spin up, unless he has a medic or is still spun up you might kill him. the new wepons are also better then you thinkl; sandvich can be very help full when there is no medic just dont eat in the middle of a fight though, the kbg can help a little bit, they are just like the fists but give you a crit burst when you kill some one that could help in a pintch. the natasha is helpfull now that she got her fix and buff, she now will slow them down to the right speed, great for assists or sneaking around also is very help full against medics/scouts but not very good against sentrys if thee is a sentry gun i would recomend you get help for it. also as a heavy if there is a sentry around the corner (right next to it) you should be able to kill it, the mini gun can kill sentrys in a matter of seconds at point blank range. the mini guns have a big cone of fire (now a little smaller) so your gun suffers form damage fall off and lack of accurticey at long ranges.
Lorax12

Postby EuroVen » Mon Jun 15, 2009 3:29 am

More on the Medic:

Heal everyone and I mean EVERYONE, even the Scouts who aren't dying. Stop being a buttmedic to the heavier classes, the little ones need the boost to keep themselves alive. Giving a Scout boost to 150+ will give him a higher chance to live than he does with 125 generally from a crit, excluding sticky and rocket. So heal each and every one of your teammates, heck even the spy, he can use the boost to try to make his getaway. That is all I really need to say, HEAL EVERYONE.
EuroVen

Postby Ayeaka » Mon Jun 15, 2009 8:05 pm

Frau Chimäre~
The doctor will see you now.
Ayeaka

Postby Leif » Thu Jun 18, 2009 5:25 am

Scout: Sandman VS. Bat. The tireless question, this depends on the role you're playing as scout. If you're a team-supportive scout, go with the former. You'll lose some mobility, but if you're hanging out with your team, the ability to stop the motion of other classes (or seriously tick off ubers) will be much appreciated. If you're an ambush scout (like myself) stick with the bat. Double-jumping gives you SO much more access to various assault points, shortcuts, and when you're in the process of fighting, your mobility will enable you to out-strafe and confuse the hell out of opponents.

Make sure your bat matches your role. I can't count the number of times I've seen people try to use the sandman on an assault from behind only to be too close for it to stun, then finding themselves unable to outmaneuver whatever giant threat they just poked.

Pyro: You have weapons other than the flamethrower. USE THEM! Even peppering someone from halfway across the map with your shotgun/flaregun is better than standing there with your thumb up your nose if you can't push forward. Best case scenario, you'll get their attention and they'll start chasing you, giving you time to reload and take advantage of the fact that you already put a nice little chip in their health.

NEVER UNDERESTIMATE THE SHOTGUN, ESPECIALLY in Pyro Vs. Pyro wars. Good rule of thumb: If they have their flamethrower out, you want to be just outside of its range and peppering them with the shotgun. If they have their shotgun out, you want to try and close the distance and burn them out. The shotgun does considerable damage if you can place your shots well, and in most Pyro Vs. Pyro fights, you'll be in fairly close. The occasional crit can often even the tides where the flamethrower will just take off a few more points of health while your corpse falls to the ground.
Leif

Postby Stormcaller3801 » Sun Jun 28, 2009 11:36 pm

Medic
Your Uber meter will charge regardless of how much you're actually helping a target. Keep this in mind while running back to the front lines or after a fight. You're a high priority target to the other team, but you can get by without pulling a weapon most of the time. Squeeze every extra Uber percentage point you can out of your allies whenever you can. The only time you should switch weapons is if it's truly dire- meaning either you're going to die anyways, or the difference between stabbing that Spy and alerting your allies to him is going to mean the difference between a momentary distraction and your entire offense or defense collapsing. If you aren't sure, default to healing. If nothing else, nobody ever complained that the Medic was healing them. Outside these rare moments the only time you should need to pull a weapon is spychecking.

Pyro
Air blasts are useful not just for reflecting things in midair. Medics in particular will benefit from a quick blast to put them back in good order, since they can keep the rest of the team alive once the fire's out. Similarly, remember that this can be at least as effective as fire for ruining a Spy's backstab attempt; I've seen more than one Spy who was set on fire and attempted to take out a key Engineer or Sniper before dying. An air blast can stop that suicide run long enough for your ally to turn around or give you the breathing room to burn the Spy down.

Demoman
Pay attention to your allies' skirmishes. I've had more than one assist due to the fact an opponent was focused on a charging Pyro or Soldier and didn't notice the stickies I dropped along his escape route. Similarly, remember that stickies can send opponents flying. Today I helped win a payload map by dropping a sticky and detonating it, which killed me off but more importantly sent an enemy Pyro flying. That let my teammates push the bomb onto the final point unopposed. Similarly, remember that there's things stickies will not stick to- such as the cart. Bounce 'em off of it to blow up enemies you can't see.

Engineer
Sentries can make for wonderful distractions, even if you have no chance of getting them set up. The sound of construction ranks up there with 'Fully Charged!' and shouts of 'Spy!' to get the enemy's attention. Sometimes you can do more to help your buddies by playing bullet magnet for a few seconds than you can by whipping out a shotgun. And if the enemy doesn't pay attention to you- well hey. You have a Sentry Gun now. Similarly, try not to set up teleporters in groups. Everyone likes to cluster them outside the spawn point, but it can be difficult to know which one gets you halfway across the field and which one puts you all the way up where the action is. Similarly, some maps that have you climbing out of the spawn point? Don't set the teleporter in the doorway. I can't count the number of maps where I got stuck trying to run out of the spawn point because there was a teleporter blocking the top step.
Stormcaller3801

Postby Arcalane » Mon Jul 06, 2009 5:57 pm

A useful little tactic I picked up for Soldier recently; the defensive rocketjump.

What is this? An evolution of rocketjumping for movement, with a little luck, timing and skill, this can send you flying out of range of those pesky face-hugging classes, particularly pyros. If you're backpedalling, just aim down, jump and shoot. Get the angle right and you'll go up, they'll go away, and you'll get some more distance. Just be warned that fall damage could easily finish you off if you're already badly injured. This works great if a target is trying to get up close and personal. Remember to jump before you fire so that you take less damage from the proximity to your own explosion!
Arcalane
Huzzah!

Postby Austin » Fri Jul 17, 2009 9:51 pm

Austin

PreviousNext

Return to Help