TF2 Mouse sensitivity

Don't know how to get out of spawn? HLSS plays sounds really slowly? Or you need a dispenser? Come here!

Postby Makaze » Thu Nov 06, 2008 2:23 pm

Just curious, what do folks keep their mouse sensitivity at in game? I'm looking at the relativley safe idea of playing Sniper, and wondering what a good setting is.

Makaze

Postby Fernin » Thu Nov 06, 2008 3:50 pm

I keep mine at the halfway point, then again I have a 4000 dpi mouse. >.>
The claims medic gives no anesthetic! 90-days delinquent get you Repo treatment! I’m the mask horror on your street corner, gonna make your momma mourn you, I’m the Night Surgeon!
Fernin

Postby Makaze » Thu Nov 06, 2008 6:25 pm

So how do I figure out what my mouse's dpi is?

Makaze

Postby Jake Monroe » Thu Nov 06, 2008 6:59 pm

Makaze wrote:So how do I figure out what my mouse's dpi is?

DPI settings only really come into effect with a gaming mouse, like logitec G5 mouse or a Razor or something. normal mice don't have this setting. (I did notice that the default setting on my mouse was 800DPI, which felt like my old normal mouse.)

Now, Fernin, wtf mouse do you have that has 4000 DPI, the highest I've seen is 2000. O_o

My mouse settings are as, 1200 dpi, ingame sens at 4 with zoom_sensitivity_ratio .75 (Reduces the ingame sens to 3 when zoomed in for sniping, making hitting heads easier) My mouse maxes out at 1800 DPI but I have a hard enough time keeping the mouse still at 1200dpi that any higher would probably not work for me.
SiRK: There's [SFW], [NSFW] and [STRAY]
Catapultam habeo. Nisi pecuniam omnem mihi dabis, ad caput tuum saxum immane mittam
Jake Monroe

Postby Ayeaka » Thu Nov 06, 2008 7:10 pm

Mine goes up and down depending on class, actually, and my current mood. I keep it rather low in-game however, as my mouse is the MOST hypersensitive thing on the planet, and so much as nudging it will wheel me 'round a full 180 if I don't.
Frau Chimäre~
The doctor will see you now.
Ayeaka

Postby Makaze » Fri Nov 07, 2008 6:45 am

Ayeaka wrote:Mine goes up and down depending on class, actually, and my current mood. I keep it rather low in-game however, as my mouse is the MOST hypersensitive thing on the planet, and so much as nudging it will wheel me 'round a full 180 if I don't.

So for say Sniper, would a higher sensitivity be wiser, or lower?

Makaze

Postby Fernin » Fri Nov 07, 2008 12:45 pm

Jake Monroe wrote:
Now, Fernin, wtf mouse do you have that has 4000 DPI, the highest I've seen is 2000. O_o

Razer's Lachesis gaming mouse. One of the better gaming mice I've used...Actually, it's probably the best.
The claims medic gives no anesthetic! 90-days delinquent get you Repo treatment! I’m the mask horror on your street corner, gonna make your momma mourn you, I’m the Night Surgeon!
Fernin

Postby Jake Monroe » Fri Nov 07, 2008 6:55 pm

Fernin wrote:
Jake Monroe wrote:

Razer's Lachesis gaming mouse. One of the better gaming mice I've used...Actually, it's probably the best.

So long as the Razer syndrome that causes their mice to have lower ratings on newegg doesn't show up. :P
Catapultam habeo. Nisi pecuniam omnem mihi dabis, ad caput tuum saxum immane mittam
Jake Monroe

Postby Fernin » Fri Nov 07, 2008 7:20 pm

First Razer mouse I've ever had... Love it to death so far...
Fernin

Postby Jake Monroe » Fri Nov 07, 2008 9:12 pm

Fernin wrote:First Razer mouse I've ever had... Love it to death so far...

How long have you had it? I have a logitec MX518, their lowest gaming mouse, below the G5. but I've only had it for a couple of months so far.
Jake Monroe

Next

Return to Help